Imported (tree)model not showing up

Sjaakje

Reaction score
Hey,
I downloaded this model, and made it into a tree.

It showed up all well in my map editor. Now, a day later, I came back and decided to actually test it (actually was testing something else, but this caught my eye) : they don't show up in game!
Is there something wrong with the values in object editor? Or are you just unable to use doodads as destructibles? I set the variations to one already, which made them show up in the editor. Any ideas?

Here is my object editor:
jrftef.jpg

Here you can see a forest in the editor:
2ecdgnc.jpg

Here you can see the same forest but in game:
2ylva4l.jpg

Sjaakje

Reaction score
Nope, didn't work.
I get the exact same effect: They do show up in editor but not ingame.

shiFt

Reaction score
you have to reimport the tree model, delete the existing imported file,save the map, then import again and change to custom path and remove war3imported.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Was this model approved? If not that could be why else contact the uploader with these details he could help you further. I cannot see why this is happening. Ill make a test map quickly.
EDIT: Make sure you imported the texture and changed its path to Textures\Nagacoral.blp
Model path can be left with wc3imported

Sjaakje

Reaction score
Alright.

you have to reimport the tree model, delete the existing imported file,save the map, then import again and change to custom path and remove war3imported.

Tryed this just now and didn't work.

Was this model approved? If not that could be why else contact the uploader with these details he could help you further. I cannot see why this is happening. Ill make a test map quickly.
EDIT: Make sure you imported the texture and changed its path to Textures\Nagacoral.blp
Model path can be left with wc3imported

Did it work for you?

Sjaakje

Reaction score
Bah that sucks, I finally found a tree for underwater.
Hmm, anyone else have any suggestions?^^

Oh and +rep for everyone that helped out here:D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
very simple:
object editor:
"Art - Model File - Has lightw..." set it to false.

as far as i know this will tell the destructables model that it should use the "Art - Replaceable Texture File" which the standard wc3 trees use.

Sjaakje

Reaction score
Holy, you just solved two of my problems :D
If only this last one would get solved, then I'd get such an enthusiasm kick in making my map, although getting the trees back really is already getting there :D

Thanks so much!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.