Tutorial Importing / Exporting

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Well, recently I've viewed some of the threads and saw some people asking about importing or exporting, so here it is!

Introduction about Importing / Exporting
In order to import or export, you'll need the Import Manager(F12), which is located between the "Test Map" button and the "Object Manager" button.

Import - You can import models, images, textures, avatars into the Import Manager. They can be found in [URL=http;//wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=News&ID="]here[/URL].

Export - This function is extremely useful if you are using other users' maps as a guide for your map. You can export models, images, textures, or avatars into your computer. Then, to import it into your map, see the above paragraph.

[b]Models[/b]
What are models? Are they textures? or avatars? No, no. They are actually the Model File of a unit or a doodad or a destructible. To import a model, simply hit F12 on your keyboard and right-click the big space in the middle and click on "Import File" to import only one file at a time, or "Import Files" to import the whole folder you choose. Choose a model and import. To change the Model File of a unit to the model you just imported, hit F6 on your keyboard and click on the unit you want the model file to change. I'll be using the Peasant for this tutorial and the "UFO" for the model file. I must find "Art - Model File" in the Object Editor and change the model file of the peasant to a UFO. However, the World Editor doesn't recognises the model yet. I'll have to save my map, and restart World Editor, and then I'll see a UFO there.

[b]Images (or Textures or Avatars)[/b]
Images are, well, the game interface of a unit, ability and an item when you achieve them in-game, or when a hero is dead, the image shown to revive it. To import an icon, simply hit F12 on your keyboard and right-click the big space in the middle and click on "Import File" to import only one file at a time, or "Import Files" to import the whole folder you choose. Choose an icon and import. To change the game interface of a unit, hit F6 on your keyboard and click on the unit you want the game interface to change. I'll be using the Peasant for this tutorial and the "Dragon Brood" for the game interface. I must find "Art - Icon - Game Interface" in the Object Editor and change the game interface of the peasant to the Dragon Brood icon. However, the World Editor doesn't recognises the icon yet. I'll have to save my map, and restart World Editor, to see the picture of a Dragon Brood.

[b]A.I Scripts - A.I Data[/b]
A.I stands for "Artificial Intelligence". In most maps, A.I is usually computer-controlled, so it can be selected between Easy, Normal and Insane. A.I Scripts are scripts used to trigger the A.I Data when A.I is enabled or when a computer player is selected. To import A.I, simply hit F12 on your keyboard and right-click the space in the middle and click on "Import File" to import only one file at a time, or "Import Files" to import the whole folder you choose. Choose a A.I Data File (.wai) and a A.I Script File (.ai) to import. However, the World Editor doesn't recognises the the A.I Data yet. You'll have to save your map, restart World Editor and test the map to see the effects of the A.I.

[b]Creep Rebellion - Fifth Race[/b]
Wondered where I got the DragonBrood and the UFO? Attached below is the Creep Rebellion Installer, where you can install the fifth race of WCIII. NOTE: The Creep Rebellion messes up your units, abilities and triggers, so you'll need an empty map to install the fifth race. Simply download it and extract all files using WinZip or WinRAR, and then click open your map and click "Install". Also, the Creep Rebellion opens only [B][I][U]WCIII EXPANSION[/U][/I][/B] Scenario Maps.

Download Creep Rebellion: [URL="http://www.wc3sear.ch/Tools/10/cr_installer.zip"]WC3SEAR.CH[/url]

[b]Note when Download[/b]
Be careful when you download,itmay cause a virus and infect your computer badly. It may also contain some very obscene files. Check through the website where you downloaded the file and check the files, making sure there are no additional files or missing files in your Import Manager.

Have fun importing / exporting!

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I believe there already are a few Tutorials such as this.
Nevertheless, good effort. A little short, though, and it could probably use a few screenshots.

Also about exporting things from other peoples maps.. -Not sure if the person who made the map/model would like that very much. Might be best to ask this person first.

N

NWG_Jonas

i know this i have worked on many maps b4, but i cant get the sounds to work proppely ingame they work in editor =/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.