Importing Skins

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I did part of a skin and wanted to see how it looked. I converted the file back to a .blp, imported it to the correct pathname (I believe), and got a big green and black box. I'll post the path.
Code:
Units\Critters\VillagerMan\VillagerMale.blp
I know it's the correct unit. What am I missing or doing wrong?

EDIT: So you know, I already looked at the tutorial on World Edit Tutorials.

killbuzz

Reaction score
You may have confused the path with the white version of the villager. Try using this path:

Units\Critters\VillagerMan1\VillagerMale1.blp

Also I recomend downloading the "Warcraft 3 Viewer" because it will tell you the exact texture path needed. It also will show models with custom skins attached. Just takes a bit of playing around to get used to it.

EDIT: Reread your post, so try this: Open the editor. Import the file to the correct path. Place the correct unit somewhere on the map. Save the map and close it. Open the map and press the test map button. If it is still a black and green box then the file may be corrupt. (Corruption can be cause from a number of different things such as using a "primitave" paint program that will erase player colour and layers)

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I have War3Viewer. :p
I know it was the brown villager that I wanted, but I'll try your path.
EDIT: No success. :(
The path it wants is Units\Critters\VillagerMan\VillagerMan. Or, atleast, that's what it's saying that it could not load.

killbuzz

Reaction score
I have War3Viewer. :p
I know it was the brown villager that I wanted, but I'll try your path.
EDIT: No success. :(
The path it wants is Units\Critters\VillagerMan\VillagerMan. Or, atleast, that's what it's saying that it could not load.

Oh alright then, it may be as I said a "corrupt file" which in my above post I said how that can occur.

EDIT: Just thought of a person who has realy great tutorials all over the web (like here, and youtube) on things like this. Her (Or his :nuts:) Name is: Ayumilove. (I think that is how it is spelled)

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Alright, it worked! I don't know if you fixed it (because I never tested it) or if I just needed to fix the pathname (which I did), but I have obtained success! +Rep for that one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.