Importing Textures

Sivert

Reaction score
Now, I got this account from a friend because I somehow couldn't register without the proxy or something failing :p

Anyways, to my question. I'm wondering if anyone has/knows of a link, og wishes to help my with importing textures into maps. I've only figured that you can choose a tilset at the beginning when you make a new map. My current situation is me using the Ashendale tilset, but is lacking some (many) textures in my map, like a snowy ground-texture for my snowy region and so on. This might be a wide area of WE or something, but I haven't done much but play around with the WE, so I'm not 100% fimiliar with all the styles and others yet :)

Thanks in advance!

Sivert

Reaction score
Thanks, it did help in some sort of way. But, when I modify the tiles, the map, as I've made it now, changes to the replaced tiles. Is there a way to prevent, or do something else?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
you can find a tutorial for editing and importing tilesets on the helper website... right here!

Sivert

Reaction score
I think I'm starting to understand, but either way I go, I would have to replace some of the tiles I'm using. Is there no way to just "add" tiles? I like details, this kinda limits the opportunities a bit.

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
Theres a limit of tilesets allowed, each tile has its own value, and some tiles cannot be moved.

Now certain "advanced" editors like WEU allows you to have as many tiles as you want and of all types. Ofc, this will cause lag with the map itself, so careful as to what you do.

Sivert

Reaction score
Theres a limit of tilesets allowed, each tile has its own value, and some tiles cannot be moved.

Now certain "advanced" editors like WEU allows you to have as many tiles as you want and of all types. Ofc, this will cause lag with the map itself, so careful as to what you do.

I thought the "WEU" didn't work? Ofc I haven't looked into this before, or even tried, because someone said something about versions and updates. If I could just add my map, place the tiles there, and switch back, could it do harm? Don't know where to get it, but I guess Google might take me far :p

Btw, I just replaced "dirt", which usually can't be removed, with some snow thing just to test it out. It worked :)

Cidzero

Reaction score
Yea...I just check its red blocked, not removable on Loderon Summer terrain. (Just tried...so yea...)

Anyway, hiveworkshop.com, go to tools and you'll find weu.

WEU permanently converts a map by adding stuff that normal WE cannot recognize, NewGen has a built in way to implement that, so better suggestion would be NewGen, mostly because its more compatible now-a-days than WEU due to the lack of updates for WEU to keep up with recent times.

Sivert

Reaction score
I just downloaded WEU v.1.20, tried to "stuff" my map just for testing. I placed some snow and stuff around, and tested afterwards. It worked, but the map got quite bigger. The testing will continue tomorrow. It's 06:31 AM in Norway, and I feel like som sleep ^^..

Cidzero

Reaction score
Size = lag, well not really lag but loading time...

Also the maxium hosting size will hinder your progress for multiplayer maps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.