Importing triggers from 1 map to another

Vunjo

Reaction score
A noob question:
Some people keep telling about a button called "Auto Create Unknown Variables". I can't find it, where is it =D rofl
If it doesn't exist, is there other way to make variables automatically?

Wratox1

Reaction score
File>Preferences>thick "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data";)

Eimtr

Reaction score
The problem with that is if you have a variable with 2 or more arrays, when you paste the variable it only creates 1 array for the variable you paste. so follow which variable uses more arrays to change it after paste. Unless array 1 and if you use 0 and 1 for array is the same as using 1 and 2 for array, then it wouldnt matter.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with that is if you have a variable with 2 or more arrays, when you paste the variable it only creates 1 array for the variable you paste. so follow which variable uses more arrays to change it after paste
there are no two dimensional arrays in wc3... a variable cannot have "more then one" array. a variable either IS an array or not.

Wratox1

Reaction score
there are no two dimensional arrays in wc3... a variable cannot have "more then one" array. a variable either IS an array or not.

im guessing he is is talking about the size of an array, as in the number of aray-slots of a variable, but i think it should keep the size even if you paste it to another map..

Eimtr

Reaction score
yes the size and i just tested to see if a variable with size 2 appears az 2 in the new map and it doesnt, it has size of 1

Wratox1

Reaction score
yes the size and i just tested to see if a variable with size 2 appears az 2 in the new map and it doesnt, it has size of 1

then i doubt there is much you can do, except checking the size of all arrays on the map you are copying from and set the pasted arrays to the right size:(

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Array size does nothing else than give them an initial value, in most cases. You can still use all 8192 slots of the array even if its size is set to 1. Most of the time, that field is unneeded, unless you want booleans to have [ljass]true[/ljass] instead of [ljass]false[/ljass] as default value and such... or if you have to add units to a group, the size is the number of already-created groups at map init.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Array size does nothing else than give them an initial value, in most cases. You can still use all 8192 slots of the array even if its size is set to 1. Most of the time, that field is unneeded, unless you want booleans to have [ljass]true[/ljass] instead of [ljass]false[/ljass] as default value and such... or if you have to add units to a group, the size is the number of already-created groups at map init.

yes the only issue i know which occurs with array size is if you are trying to add units into a unitgroup (or add players into a force) which is not initialized. but this doesnt happen very often and can easily be solved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.