In all seriousness, "Unable to initialize sound services"

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
The game brings this popup up when you copy/move the folder from its original installation to some other place, and it disables sound.

• It is NOT registry related, it is all about the folder, as long as I keep the game in its original folder, I can play from sound even in a shared folder in a LAN on from a Linux OS using WINE, in which the installer was never run.
  • Google will only give results in which reinstalling wc3 is the only suggestion/fix found. This is not possible for me, I do have a CD and CDkey, etc. But this computer does not have a CD drive... I don't have ways to share CD drives, installation would be tiresome anyway...
The computer is an ASUS eee from last year, surprisingly, you can run wc3 in opengl mode at a speed that makes it at least good for testing triggers, so this would increase my chances to do wc3 stuff... ok, it already does, but sound is a good thing to have sometimes when testing maps.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
It is NOT registry related

Have you even tried changing the install path in the registry?

My pal had the same problem with warcraft 3 on my fathers comp. It had windows XP and we never did anything about it since we never played with the sound on anyway. But one day it was just fixed, don't know how tho:(

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Have you even tried changing the install path in the registry?
Yes. But as long as you run the game from the folder in which it was installed, sound will work, the registry could have anything on it, try removing that key from your registry, your sound won't stop working.

This is so odd...

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you just create a shortcut to WC3 from the original location and use it like that? Or is that not what you are trying to achieve?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.