Internet slows down forced to hardreset computer

x-anubis-x

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
hey guys, so i have no idea whats causing this problem with my computer....a virus maybe but it doesnt seem that likely since nothing has come up on my virus scans. anyway, what happens is when i connect to the wireless network in my apartment complex (its unsecured) the internet will work fine for about 20min or so then stuff just starts breaking. firefox, chrome, and im assuming ie (havent used it enough) will just stop loading pages. the network connection tool or w/e still says im connected and doesnt detect any problems. i can try closing the browsers, but they never close all the way. the window will close but the process stays running. i cant even end process or taskkill them. this forces me to shutdown my comp by holding the power button since trying to restart doesnt seem to have any effect. any ideas what this could be? this only started a few days ago when i moved into my apartment complex and started using the wireless internet.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It could be your computer doesn't have enough ram, though that seems unlikely. Try scanning with avast anti virus. It may get you the results you want.

x-anubis-x

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
yeah ok just scanned with avast and it found one virus called ud.exe. i deleted it so we'll see how things go...
thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.