Ipconfig

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Alright, I want to host a vent server on my computer. I've done this before with relative ease...

However, when I try on this Computer Windows XP HOME SP2, I am un-able to do it.

I have a 2wire router, and I have the 3784 port forwarded. However, when I type IPCONFIG in prompt, i get "unknown command", so I use an internet site to find my IP. So I have the ports forwarded, my IP, and vent_srv running... Ventrilo even sees the serve...

When I press connect it says contact admin etc... WHY DOESN'T THIS WORK? Does it have to do with my ipconfig?

eug.
big +rep to any help!

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
You might want to try this

Go into notepad and save this file under all files as IP.bat
Code:
@Echo off
Ipconfig
pause

This will show you your ip and halt the batch file. This may or may not work. If it does not find this to be a valid command then you might have a corrupted command file. (Command prompt uses other exes to run the commands rather than the prompt itself. The other exes return any data as necessary.)

Ozzdog

Reaction score
WHat do I do with this bat? What program do I run it win? (Or does it run by itself, simply by clicking it?)

Thanks + rep for trying!

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once you have created the bat, you should just run it, by double clicking it.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
"Ipconfig is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or bath file."

!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.