Is there a way to make a forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VG Emblem

Well, TheHelper.net forums (these, obviously) run on vBulletin (IMO the best). Technically, if you also get vBulletin, you can have all the options that are available here. There's a large amount of customizability, however they will all resemble each other somewhat. So yeah, if you wanted to and got vBulletin, you could exactly replicate TheHelper in terms of the functionality/layout.

But that brings up another thing: vBulletin costs money. It costs like $85 to lease the system for a year and $160 to purchase it indefinitely. And also, unlike something like InvisionFree that's free, you have to host it on your own website, meaning even more money. I recently got a domain, a year of webhosting, and the one year lease for vBulletin and it cost me almost $200. :(

But it's better functionality and another advantage is that they (the vBulletin guys) have absolutely no control over the content on your forums, unlike a free company like InvisionFree.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
if you want a cheep and good forum, my advise is make your own by your own means. but this takes a lot of time. and knowledg. i couldnt do it, i dont have that kind of time. and as for knowledg, you gain that on the way.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
PsychoMonkey said:
You can also use a software like phpBB (http://www.phpbb.com)

You can install rep mods and customer title modes as well as custom themes. It may not be as user friendly as vBulletin, but its free.

My forum runs off of phpBB

http://www.rh-factor.net/forum
That's quite good, but don't these boxes, green and red show member's level or warn level? not reputation :p
@VG or anyone else, is there a way that I can have that programm off of Bulletin without the $300+?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The VBulletin forum software is not free. If you wanted a forum exactly like this one you would have to pay VBulletin for the forum software - I don't believe they have a free version.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
The Helper said:
The VBulletin forum software is not free. If you wanted a forum exactly like this one you would have to pay VBulletin for the forum software - I don't believe they have a free version.
Thanks for your answer.Btw close this thread, no more posts are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.