Item-based special custom ability

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
I wanted to make a custom ability based on the "Melee Fire Damage Bonus" of the "Searing Blade" item, but which can only be used by units after a certain tech is researched.

So I created the ability, and it has the right amount of extra damage and the right target art and everything. But when I check "true" on "Techtree - Check Dependencies" and plug in the tech for "Techtree - Requirements", it has no effect. The units do Melee Fire Damage Bonus with or without that tech being researched.

What gives here?

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I think that is only for adding the spell. Like the Necromancer won't have the Raise Dead ability without researching the Necromancer - Adept training or whatever.

In other words, I don't think it applies to item abilities.

Chocobo said:
Tech Level required = null?
Nice wording -_-

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Yes, I tried messing around with the tech level -- putting in 0, 1, and leaving it blank -- but still nothing changes. The ability is still active for my units, even though I haven't researched anything.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Hmm. I suppose I could just use one of the pre-existing weapon upgrades, like "mithril forged swords" or whatever...but then I wouldn't get that cool fire effect. Is there any way to attach that to an upgraded attack, using the Object Editor?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.