Item multiple type system

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have created tons of items with the labels like "Armor" and "Weapon" etc. in their text, and I need to know how to have a limit to how many of these you can have.

It's kinda like the way AceHart made a system like this, only instead of it limiting you to one of each, I need it more along the lines of

Max of 4 Armor items
Max of 2 Trinket items
Everyone can have 1 weapon
specific classes can use a max of 2 weapons, but can't use shields

I have more types of items too, but those are just some examples to give you an idea. Anyone know how to go about it? :D

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
>It's kinda like the way AceHart made a system like this
-Then use Acehart's system, and modify it to suit your needs?

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
>It's kinda like the way AceHart made a system like this
-Then use Acehart's system, and modify it to suit your needs?

Thought about it, but I don't quite understand how he makes it work exactly, otherwise would of already done it. :p

Edit: I guess a better way of saying it would be; I'm not sure what I would have to edit to change it to my liking.

Exide

Reaction score
Then post his triggers here, explain in detail what you want and maybe we can help you.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Code:
ThisItemOnlyOnce
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Healing Salve
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Rod of Necromancy
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                            Conditions
                                (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Healing Salve
                                (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Rod of Necromancy
                    Then - Actions
                        For each (Integer B) from ((Integer A) + 1) to 6, do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                                    If - Conditions
                                            Conditions
                                                (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer B))) Equal to Healing Salve
                                                (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer B))) Equal to Rod of Necromancy
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Hero - Drop the item from slot (Integer B) of (Hero manipulating item)
                                        Quest - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the Warning message: Sorry, this item only once
                                    Else - Actions
                    Else - Actions

This basically makes it where you can only have "1 Weapon" or whatever you define the said item as. You'd make several triggers one for each "type" of item. Like Armor/Weapon/Shield/Helm etc. if you ever try to pick up another of the same type of item, it says you can only carry one of those, basically. If you still don't understand, you can find the original post that AceHart made on this here: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57747

What I'm wanting is different, because I'd like multiple of these items, but still a limit, so like you can have a maximum of 3 helms for example, or 2 swords, and then certain classes would be able to use a shield but could not dual weild.

Exide

Reaction score
I hate GUI for these kind of triggers. :p
I don't think the trigger that you posted does what you want.
You probably want to check for item-classifications. For example Artifact = Weapon, Permanent = Armor, Misc = Shield, and so on..
-And then check if a Hero has more than X of *classification*

I would help you, if I wasn't so tired. I will return tomorrow.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I hate GUI for these kind of triggers. :p
I don't think the trigger that you posted does what you want.
You probably want to check for item-classifications. For example Artifact = Weapon, Permanent = Armor, Misc = Shield, and so on..
-And then check if a Hero has more than X of *classification*

I would help you, if I wasn't so tired. I will return tomorrow.

My item classifications are already used for another entirely different system in the map used for other purposes, whatever item system I use has to have specific defined things in it(Like Mushroom Cloud/Giant Club of Destruction/Massive Armor would be as a condition of the specific type of item the system is referring to, rather then Artifact/Misc etc.), I just need the system made and how to edit it (or how to make it), I'll go in and set all the items as X Y Z myself. Also my item levels are used too. Another reason why it'll be specific.

Exide

Reaction score
I made a map with the triggers that I think you want.
They restrict a hero from carrying more than X of a certain item.
GUI -triggers, easy to change so that they suit your needs. Only three variables needed. (Maybe two, actually, but I'm using three.)
Haven't tried if it is MUI, or not.
The hero has an ability 'Drop all items' - to easier clear the inventory. =)

Map attached.

Attachments

• Item Restriction Triggers - GUI.w3x
    20 KB · Views: 112
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.