JASS NewGen Pack 1.5d

gwcadu942

Reaction score
Why my is error

we.lua

Couldn't start World Editor. An instance of World Editor may already be running.
If running a patch prior to 1.21b make sure the Warcraft III CD is in your drive and try again.
If you are uning Kaspersky antivirus, turn it off before running NewGen.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You've probably got a worldedit.exe process running. Control+Shift+Escape, click Processes, find Worldedit.exe and end it.

Reaction score
this might be a stupid question, but what are the different things in that package good for?

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
this might be a stupid question, but what are the different things in that package good for?

It can support up to 16 tiles, instead of the usual, 1 or 2 extra.
It comes with Vjass, which is commonly used.
Its just coo like that.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People say 'coo' instead of cool.

It was not a mistake.

Sneakster

Reaction score
Problem every time I try to save a new, untouched map:

52379209.jpg

It adds about 6000 lines of code after I click the save button, and then returns errors for all of it. Anyone know how to fix this?

The new patch updated the WE. Are you sure this still works with the patch?

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Extract common.j and blizzard.j from War3Patch.mpq. Copy them to jasshelper's path.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
My home computer (the one I use for my world editing) decided to die on me all of a sudden and I am trying to install this on my brothers laptop so I can pick up where I left off.

The problem is: I get an error message saying that world editor is already running when I try to start the editor up.

However, my brothers laptop has v1.24b of warcraft and I used the cd, so the error can't be to do with having pre 1.21 versions of warcraft.

I have tried everything within my knowledge to get it to work, but it wont.

He has Norton 360 (yes I know) on his laptop if that helps anyone.

Any ideas?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Open the task manager, go to the processes tab, and see if there's any worldeditor processes running.
If there are, terminate them.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to add that there are no other instances of the world editor running. It even has an error when you just start up the laptop and try straight away.

Vacko

Reaction score
nvm, tried to install it again and it worked now .. :) okay now lets go to some jazz tut :3

Dryvnt

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am having some problems installing Newgen.

Whenever I try to test a map, that I have saved before pressing test, World Edit simply minimizes and does jackshit.

If it means anything, I tried to open NewGen Warcraft, and it gave me a response telling me to open a log file.

log said:
loading kernel32.dll
loading blizzard.ax
loading Game.dll
Game.dll loaded...pausing and running script
Error: RegisterNatives signature not found

I'm using avast! on Windows 7 if it means anything.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
It's been a while since i used newgen, so anyway my problem is that whenever i try to test my map through newgen, wc3 doesn't start, i only get a don't send error. I tried seeing if it will be alright through a regular WE, and it was fine. So is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe i have to select the wc3 exe somewhere, so that newgen knows what the hell it's supposed to launch?

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Ok, don't ask why in the hell I want to do this. Just please explain how I can do this.

I want to change the max map size from 480 to 960 (Don't ask Why!)

Could som1 explain how I could edit newgen to be able to do this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.