Kill Trigger

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
I've made a trigger which displays a Hero's death (just like in DotA): Player X has killed Player Y for Z gold. The problem is that when an illusion kills an enemy Hero, the kill isn't displayed. How can I fix that?

Code:
Kill Enemy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        ((Killing unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True
        (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
    Actions
        Set GoldGiving = ((Random integer number between 80 and 100) + 125)
        Player - Add (GoldGiving - 125) to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((((Player_Colors[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (Name of (Owner of (Killing unit)))) + (Player_EndTag +  has just killed )) + (((Player_Colors[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + (Name of (Owner of (Dying unit)))) + Player_EndTag)

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True Or ((Killing unit) is An Illusion) Equal to True

Try that, it should work.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Code:
Kill Enemy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        ((Killing unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True
        (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
    Actions
        Set GoldGiving = ((Random integer number between 80 and 100) + 125)
        Player - Add (GoldGiving - 125) to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((((Player_Colors[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (Name of (Owner of (Killing unit)))) + (Player_EndTag +  has just killed )) + (((Player_Colors[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + (Name of (Owner of (Dying unit)))) + Player_EndTag)

From the looks of it, think about this, if a "Illusion" Kills a hero, an illusion isnt truly a hero, so all you need to do is take this out if im not mistaken

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
> ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True Or ((Killing unit) is An Illusion) Equal to True
omg, completely forgot about Or statement...

> ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
If I remove that what will happen if a creep kills a Hero? :rolleyes: I need to be displayed only Hero kills.

+rep n2o)

EDIT: But if the Killing Illusion is NOT a hero? :/

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
I released that after i posted, im not sure, i suppose you could do a unit-type comparison.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
If i remember right, illusions are considered summons

(((Killing unit) is Summoned) Equal to True) or (((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)

should do the trick if im not mistaken

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
(((Killing unit) is Summoned) Equal to True)

Then what if the dying unit gets killed by Far Seer's wolves? :/

Will unit-type comparision work in this situation?
(Killing unit is a Hero Equal to True Or (Killing unit is An illusion Equal to True and Unit-type of Killing unit Equal to <SomeUnit>))
(watch the "( )")

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.