LOAP Help

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Now I know what I'm about to ask for may seem a bit vague or general, but I'm gonna ask anyways:

I need a variety of different ideas for my LOAP map. I just need some input regarding what sort of jobs can the player's peasant have? What type of stores should be available? Ideas on quests, crime and so forth. What I'm trying to get at is: what should I be putting in my LOAP map?

Cheers

death_knight

Reaction score
LOAP = Life of a Peasant. Its where you control a single peasant (In a city usually) and you follow their life, so to speak.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity: What's a LOAP map?

Life of a peasant if I'm not wrong. It's just some kind of life game, with different scenarios, like Lord of the rings? Or some countries, and etc. Again, If I'm not wrong :p

Simply put, an rpg.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
A convict has escaped from jail and robbed a neighbour's house. The culprit is now on the loose, breaking and entering houses laft, right and center. Gather as many townsfolk as you can to join the hunt for this evil man!

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
I miss LOAP :( Nobody ever plays it anymore :(

Oh an Idea

Well for jobs, you could have a Lawyer who goes to collect Money off people, or the can sue players
Tax Collector - Pick up random taxes and bring them back
Defently put in a Car store. Nobody likes walking around

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Don't make ANYTHING boring.

Something like a potion maker - nobody is going to do.

Everyone loves the Drug Lord, just because you get over powered hero.

Basically, every job has to be fun. I think Real Life for Morons has a fun Farm job; I love doing it.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Lol RLFM doesn't have a farm job, well its kinda like it but you buy the farm then you harvest the crops and just go to some person and they give you 36 gold.
Should add some kind of Bike/Ride job that when you pick up a peasant and get them to their destination you get money, could also make it so that when you help an ally they owe you gold etc.

DioD

Reaction score
there is no future in non concurent maps, you must fight other player, this is main goal for any online map.

death_knight

Reaction score
unlike most other LOAP maps, my LOAP will be single player (at least for the moment)

duderock101

Reaction score
i can already see it failing :p, a Single Player LOAP wont pick off, the reason LOAP was so popular is because people could Roleplay together :p

death_knight

Reaction score
If that's the general consensus, then I won't release the map. Simple as that.

death_knight

Reaction score
Well I'm starting it off as a single player map because it's easier to make. Then, when that's been released, I'll work on making it multiplayer because I'll have the basis already there.

duderock101

Reaction score
it will be MUCH easier to create it as a multiplayer, then reform it from a Single player to a multiplayer, because you'll be going through all your triggers and you'll get confused :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.