Locking a unit's flying height

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
How do i lock a unit's height as tho it has hover but give it no collision as if it was flying

I have bullets that climb walls -_-, i need to get rid of that

Things i cannot use
Locoust - I use the damage of the units as my collision system, so i cant use locoust because it makes the units invunerable

Things that i have tried but dose not work
Locoust (add + removal of)
Animation Set flying height (done periodically) to default and current flying height of
Collision On Off

After some tests
Animation height "current" dose not change with the terrain (the value) but the unit still "climbs" up

Is there a way to make it so its like its hover (dose not climb untill the actual terrain chainge) but is collisionless like flying?

Btw i am using blizzard clifts for this (structural) because raise/lower terrain looks ugly for the inside of a man made building, and placing wall ontop of wall is ineffecent

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hmm its funny cuz i used "set unit Z" since i already had "set unit X" and "set unit Y" so i thought why not

but apparently the custom script dosent exist?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nah, there is no native called [ljass]SetUnitZ()[/ljass], though there is (Of course) [ljass]SetUnitFlyHeight()[/ljass] which is the same ;) (Though need to add and remove crow form from the unit before this can be changed ;))

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
when a unit climbs over a clift it dosent increase in flying height (tested by having the game feed back the current flying height of a unit as it flew over clifts with a very very notable increase in Z)

(btw if you want to see what im talking about, dl my map on the crystal crawler's thread and make a blizzard clift, then shoot near it)
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140067

hmm ill try post #21

i took a look at your map and saw something very intresting, float + crow form, tried it out and it worked perfectly
the only problem now is that whenever i fire the dummy units push the caster a bit back (im thinking from collision from being "float")

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hmmm, im encountering a problem where units with "float" type movement displaces units that are not flying or float (in other words anything that is a "ground" unit)

because the bullets spawn in close proximity of the caster, when they spawn the caster is displaced a bit because of the bullets

is there any way of making the bullets collisionless? (they are collisionless with one another but with a normal ground unit they will displace that unit)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
what do you mean by "Hook SetUnitFlyHeight" last i rememberd a units "fly height" was only an artistic aspect of the unit and nothing else

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.