Looking for Jass teacher, PM

hylexia

Reaction score
im looking for a jass teacher.. it may take awhile for me to comprehend the subject... but after a couple of lessons ill get the hang of it... with gui i have never done spells... just footmen style maps and spawning triggers.. an just other stuff for fun..

please PM me if willing to help ..

Hylex

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Sent a PM with details and reqs for me to teach you. I don't teach vanilla JASS as I said in the PM, vJASS only =). I'll do cJASS again as soon as ADOLF gets back from wherever the heck he is and fixes all of the serious bugs it has ><, maybe implementing some new features too.

Hope to hear from you soon =).

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Yea.... you def need a jass teacher... a guide just won't work

anyone who can't understand, set the variable to value

like if I were to ask, what are you setting and you didn't respond the variable but something else

><

Yea :9.

So does anyone wanna teach in shifts? We got through functions so far ^^. I lost an entire night of sleep and I'm going crazy atm : p. All I can see is SET THE VARIABLE!! WHAT ARE YOU SETTING???

7?

NO!!!! SET THE VARIABLE!! WHAT ARE YOU SETTING???

integer?

NO DAMNIT!! SET THE VARIABLE!! WHAT ARE YOU SETTING???

letters?

NOOO!!! YOU ARE SETTING THE VARIABLE DAMNIT!! THE VARIABLE!!! *foams*

Yea... so if anyone wants to take the next shift.. please be kind : (. Oh yea, and that was conversation for like 1 hour, heh... so be prepared ^^.

hylexia, sry that I'm asking for help and letting people know, but I don't think I can take much more of this abuse man ; ). I know we got through it and I think you understand it now, but man... you really did drive me over the edge and I think next lesson I'm going to want to murder you if someone doesn't take a shift : \

hylexia

Reaction score
LOL... abuse.. ye thats ok .. i know im being troublesome.. but.. guides dont really work for me most of the time... im reading yours now that u have posted .. and im gonna try adding to the function "we" ( we as in .. you basicly ) .. and ye ill try .. :|

and thanks anachron

and erm nestharus, my pc chucked a fit.. and i lost what chapters u told me to read .. so im gonna go right thru it.. and again this after noon ( yes its 1:30 am :| ). ... and i gonna try adding to the function as i have said :)

really guys .. i know its gonna be troublesome for you mostly.. but afterwards.. u may have some1 to help u guys with the whole community :)

--------------------------
ok nestharus i have done as you asked ( i think ) and made an extended function ... i think its what u asked not sure.. but good thing is it compiles

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Seriously though. That was an excellent idea.

hylexia

Reaction score
i cant use youtube... or any sort of online vidio atm really.. bcause this internet network is currently capped :|

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
You and me both need a tutor :p

Wait... I am a Jass tutor... even though I know very little on Jass..

I'm already occupied with a student and have to learn about structs.. And that's all I really have left.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Meh, I could teach too, but I still have a lot to learn.
Like I don't get delegates, interfaces, what all this "attaching" stuff is about, and I don't know many functions.

Bleh.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Meh, I could teach too, but I still have a lot to learn.
Like I don't get delegates, interfaces, what all this "attaching" stuff is about, and I don't know many functions.

Bleh.

Very simply, attaching stuff refers to associative arrays. Example-

An array has the id of a unit
The position in the array that stores the id of a unit is used as the id of the unit (id of unit might be 39205329 but the array index might be 60).

Associative arrays are useful for organizing data, and converting big ids into small ids like I showed (hence attachment).

Delegates point to something like a struct. When using delegates, it just means if the current struct doesn't have a method or something that's being used, it'll check the delegates. It'll use the number within the delegate when accessing another struct. If pure static methods, no worries, but if arrays, you'll have to keep them sync'd.

Interfaces are just trigger arrays : |. When a struct extends them and writes code into one of the interface functions, it'll make a dummy function that calls your function and returns a boolean, make a trigger, add that dummy function to the trigger, and replace all calls with that trigger ><. The trigger would actually be an index of the trigger array for the interface.

This is also why .evaluate and .execute are slower than TriggerEvaluate and TriggerExecute.

Thank you thank you : ).

And no, I'm not teaching him anymore. He drove me mad the night I taught him. To me, that was hell. I don't want to experience it again ;o. I don't even think he remembers anything I taught him >: O. I'd teach him some more, but he'd have to pay me for my services because teaching him is insane ><. $10.00 an hour.. I take payment through paypal.

hylexia

Reaction score
hrm .. did you want that thing you asked me to make?

and does that mean i spent last 2 nights wasted reading guides to help?

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
hrm .. did you want that thing you asked me to make?

and does that mean i spent last 2 nights wasted reading guides to help?

You didn't waste time at all ; ). That helped reinforce the information and taught you new and valuable things.

You just need to continue off with someone where we left off. One of your issues might be that you are perhaps and auditory learner ;).

edit
lol, put my services up on a forum ^^
http://gamercraft.org/forums/thread-399-post-3350.html#pid3350

adeoin

Reaction score
maybe it'd be better to learn about the more advance stuff about variables, loops, and the harder stuff in GUI first.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.