Make slow poison be able to kill?

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Anyone know an easy way to make slow poison able to make the finishing blow on an enemy unit?

I need the source unit to get the kill, I cannot simply use the "Unit - Kill Unit" trigger to kill the unit.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I need the source unit to get the kill, I cannot simply use the "Unit - Kill Unit" trigger to kill the unit.

You could use the Damage Target action. That allows the specified unit to get the kill.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Is there any way to detect which player "gave" the buff to the target unit though?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Is there any way to detect which player "gave" the buff to the target unit though?

Not that I know of.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
isn't there a boolan condition, if unit has buff. = true?

edit: If so, just make a trigger than when a units health becomes <= X then cause <psn Unit> to dmage <psned unit>

Demonfaze

Reaction score
"isn't there a boolan condition, if unit has buff. = true?"

Yes.

"edit: If so, just make a trigger than when a units health becomes <= X then cause <psn Unit> to dmage <psned unit>" that would work, but how do you get "psn unit"?

Fallen-Kid

Reaction score
I thought the same thing but you want to determine who gave the poison that killed the units
>>Edit Spelling erros mistook you XD and there is no psn unit i know of

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the simplist way but...

THe unit has a poison attack, so, add the units to a unit group PSN_Units.

Now, a unit is attacked, if unit is in PSN_Units then set attacking unit = the psn unit.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
When someone attacks the unit and they have the slow poison ability, set the custom value of the unit to the number of the player that attacked the unit. Then periodically check every unit's hp, and if it's 1, and they have the slow poison buff, make the player number of the unit's custom value deal damage to kill them.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
elmst: that sounds like it would work, but what if multiple players poison the same unit? How would it detect which poison got the kill?

R

rentafrend

I think that theres a field in slow poison that says "stacking type" or something like that and in it it says damage movespeed and i think it says kill unit.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Well, it would take the most recent poisoner... How would you WANt it decide who gets the kill anyways?

Demonfaze

Reaction score
elmst: Couldn't it be affected by two slow poisons simultaneously by different owners? or is that not posible.

rentafrend: I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

R

rentafrend

i just checked the world editor and in slow poison theres a field that says "data - stacking type" and if you click into it, it says attack rate, damage, kill unit, and movement so just select kill unit and it will be able to kill

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
elmst: Couldn't it be affected by two slow poisons simultaneously by different owners? or is that not posible.

Yes it can, but who would YOU wanna get the kill? If you want the first attacker to get the kill, then just check if the custom value is 0. If it is, set it to the player number of the attacker. If it's not leave it. Also periodically check if the unit has the slow poison buff. If it doesn't, set its custom value to 0.

A

AK-47Pirates

Isn't there just something like

Stats - Kills Unit - True/False ???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.