Making a MUI DoT

bugbear

Reaction score
I am planning on making a small debuff system that works something like the following: Different hero skills (from multiple heroes) will cause a debuff called bleeding, which drains 2% max hp a second while active on a unit. However, if a unit is currently bleeding from, say, "Hero A" and "Hero B" comes along and uses a different skill that causes bleeding, it will overwrite "Hero A's" bleed debuff, and the damage dealt by bleeding will now be dealt by "Hero B". I want to register kills made by Bleeding for the correct caster of the debuff as well, so I can't just have a universal trigger that checks for bleeding and deals damage. The damage bleeding causes has to be dealt by the last Hero to place the debuff on the victim.

I probably made that sound a lot more complicated than it is, but I can't think of a way to make this work without adding in a new debuff and damaging triggers for each skill that causes bleeding (which starts to look sloppy after a couple skills). Any help is appreciated.

bugbear

Reaction score
Pretty informative reply, but it'd be better if you could help me find a link to a tutorial where they use a periodic trigger like this with local variables. The tutorials I see are for single trigger spells, rather than repeating ones.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... this sounds like a modifyed poison to me. Check the box "kill". This way check who is the owner of the killing unit, when the target dies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.