Making a revive ability

werasd

Reaction score
This is my first difficult trigger spell! I got a lot of time to make it (Cause im not an expert at WE, and so i think Chocobo and Icehart can make it easily^^! CHOCOBO & ICEHART im a fan of you guys!) Ok, now lets go to the tutorial!

Step 1, Creating the ability:

-The first thing is to create the ability:

1: Go to the Object Editor (or press F6).
2: Go to the Abilities window.
3: Click the right button of the mouse and choose "Create new Custom Ability"
4: In the abilities part, try choosing the Tranquility ability. Its good spell to make as base for our new ability, in this tutorial the ability will be called Tranquility.
5: Now we need to se the data of ability to nothing, try doing the same thing of me:

reviveabilitydatachangevb2.jpg

In the data of our new custom ability, go to that part and change.

Step 2, Creating the variable for trigger:

1: Now lets open the Trigger Editor (or press F4)
2: This part we will need to open the variables window. Go to Edit>Variables (or press Ctrl+B).
3: Well, doing this a window will open. Now we must create the variable. Click the button:
buttonaddvarav5.jpg

4: Now we need to make it, put it as mine is:

variableqg6.jpg

5: Okay the variable is created. Press ok and close the Variables Window.

Step 3, Creating the trigger:

1: Create a new trigger.
2: Rename the trigger to Tranquility Target.
3: Configure the trigger, use the following settings:

Code:
Tranquility Target
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set TranquilityTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))".] = (Dying unit)

The action of "Set" is a variable action. Try clicking "New Action", clicking "Search for text" and type "Set".
Here the variable created is being set to the unit is dying.

4: Now create another trigger called Tranquility, use the following settings:

Code:
Tranquility
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Tranquility 
                (TranquilityTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] is dead) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Instantly revive TranquilityTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] at (Position of (Casting unit)), Show revival graphics
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: (((The unit owned by + (Name of (Owner of TranquilityTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))]))) + (and called + (Name of TranquilityTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))]))) + has been revived!)
            Else - Actions

Here is the trigger that performs the ability.
It says if a unit uses the Tranquility ability will activate the actions. The conditions of "If" says if the unit we have set in that trigger (the another trigger) is really dead. If its dead it automatically revive at position of the unit is casting the ability and also display to all the players the Name of the owner of the unit is being revived that is called "the name of the unit is being revived" has been revived. If the unit is alive nothing happens, but you will lose mana and the cooldown will be activated.

Well, now you can test the ability! And see if its nice or not...

This is my first triggered ability, so please take it easy!^^ Post please!

N

Neavea

cant u just use the tauren revive ability from the spirt walker to revive heros? (change target to hero)

werasd

Reaction score
I dunno...

See, the Tauren Revive Ability is called Reincarnation. This ability is not a actively use ability, its a passive ability. A passive ability is that you dont have to use, it uses automatically. The Reincarnation ability is detected when you die and it automatically is used, doesnt it?
If i understood well what u said you cant...

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Just so you know, Acehart helped you. Icehart, his evil twin, stalks people and kills them. We like to pretend he's not watching us so we can act natural.

The Tauren revive ability is called Ancestral Spirit. It wouldn't work however, because heroes have this thing called corpse decay. It's set to cannot be revived.

werasd

Reaction score
Isn´t called Reincarnation? Ok its called Ancestral Spirit i confused everything^^

But what about my first triggererd spell? Can you tell me if its nice or bad or medium...lol!

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Reicarnation is a different spell. We're talking about the one that Spirit Walkers have.

As for your spell...
I don't understand it, but if it works and doesn't leak then it's good in my eyes.

werasd

Reaction score
About the spell

For the people that didnt understand the spell:

This spell, is an ability that revives the last died unit. If its dead it revives at the position of the casting unit, if not nothing happens.

Understood?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Well, for 3. and 4.:

Change all "1" to "Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))".

Use "starts the effect of", not "begins casting".

Put the ability and target conditions on the trigger itself.
Which also puts the "game - display" in the correct spot...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
A fan of ICEheart eh?
Lol

ANYHOW... So this is a global revival trigger, because there is no range check.
Your code boxes are annoying, right click on the trigger name at the top of the box, and select Copy As Text, then paste in code tags.

Why do you have a variable with an array of 1? The best thing you could do is give it an array of 100 or so, and then have a loop to check which array number is available to use up with the data for the dead unit.
Also, you say "A unit begins casting an ability", that event sometimes skips the ability's cooldown.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
This is my first difficult trigger spell! I got a lot of time to make it (Cause im not an expert at WE, and so i think Chocobo and Icehart can make it easily^^! CHOCOBO & ICEHART im a fan of you guys!) Ok, now lets go to the tutorial!

Icehart? LMAO :p!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anyways, Tranquility is a channeling spell, so, don't we change the duration value to say...1 second, so then the hero doesn't keep channeling for 30 seconds?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Icehart? LMAO :p!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anyways, Tranquility is a channeling spell, so, don't we change the duration value to say...1 second, so then the hero doesn't keep channeling for 30 seconds?

So, he will have to change :
- Heal Interval : 99999 (useless to change this)
- Life Healed : 0.00
- Area of Effect : 0.00
- Buffs : Tranquility (Target) (modify the buff and remove the art)
- Cooldown : whatever
- Duration - Hero : 0.01
- Duration - Normal : 0.01
- Levels : whatever
- Mana Cost : whatever
- Effects : Tranquility (Target) (modify that buff and remove that art)
- Required Level : whatever
- Casting Time : whatever

Buff can be or not changed, it depends. You should also add how to unallow the hero to cast the ability when the hero that should be dead is alive.

dyablohunter

Reaction score
A fan of ICEheart eh?
Lol

ANYHOW... So this is a global revival trigger, because there is no range check.
Your code boxes are annoying, right click on the trigger name at the top of the box, and select Copy As Text, then paste in code tags.

Why do you have a variable with an array of 1? The best thing you could do is give it an array of 100 or so, and then have a loop to check which array number is available to use up with the data for the dead unit.
Also, you say "A unit begins casting an ability", that event sometimes skips the ability's cooldown.

How do you do the loop check thingy?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.