Making Diagonal Lanes Visible

Holygiant

Reaction score
Hey. Haven't been here for a long time, but it's good to see that this board still exists.

I was wondering if there was any way for me to make a region either rotate or exist diagonally. Essentially, my map has several lanes coming out of the middle and I want the lanes to be visible for all players. However, it has to be precise as to not see anything outside of the lanes and to be as symmetrical as possible. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can do that with regions. Here's an idea off the top of my head that should give the results you want;
Make a dummy unit with sight properties of your choosing, set those dummies along those lanes, give them to Neutral Passive. Then @ Map ini. use 'Player Alliances - Make all players treat Neutral Passive as Neutral with shared vision', this way the lanes will be lit up just as if the players had units there constantly. And the dummies of course cannot see beyond those lanes, assuming you have walls (cliffs) there.

You can modify this idea to suit your map better of course.

Holygiant

Reaction score
Ah, good idea! I never thought of that. The only problem I have is that unit vision is kind of 'circular' whereas I wanted it to be more rectangular, but I can work around it. There are no cliffs around the lanes for gameplay reasons. Thanks, though, O.A!

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could try to play around with the:
Trigger:
  • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Region(0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00))

Although I don't know if it can create diagonal regions.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also emit visibility over a circle-shaped area.
If you place these circles carefully you should be able to create a diagonal line.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.