Making the warcraft Age of empires!

Holla.

Reaction score
Hey, for those who have played age of empires 3 or 2, you would know that when you have a farm, mill or plantation. when you order your peasants onto them they go onto the farm and start working. The more peasants the more food produced.
How could i go about replicating this? i have no idea.

Secondly, how can i do these two things. One, change the icon for food to a house. and change the text.
And
Make a multiboard that functions as a place to store the resource that wc can not fit in. Food.

(so that i will have.
|Gold-88|Lumber-193|Housing-50/100|
And a multyboard that has |Food - 188|

I need to know how to make this multiboard so that when i try making a unit that requires say 50 food and i only have 20 it will stop me and say. Not enough food.

Anyone who contributes gets rep, thanks

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Ok

1) For the imitation of the farm....you're going to need to do some work. You'll need to see if a unit (like the peasant) has an appropriate animation for "farming". If it doesn't then you'll need to get one. After that make it so that it "farms" a tree (like woodcutting persay) except the tree has the model of a farm.

2) Change the icon and text.
Advanced -> Game Interface. It's somewhere in that menu.

3) Multiboard.
Multiboards are a little complex. Try clicking HERE

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Use the human or orc goldmine and have peasants go in the farm and farm. Then they return the gold(food) to the town hall

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Use the human or orc goldmine and have peasants go in the farm and farm. Then they return the gold(food) to the town hall

Have you played Age Of Empires? I have but I dont think that they return to a town hall :rolleyes:.

my only guess is a Haunted Goldmine, where peasants play their work animation.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Ooh hydrarancher has an awesome idea with the haunted gold mine. Didn't think of that.

Btw, king in age of empires peasants can work on a farm, and the more peasants working on a farm the more output the farm has. The farm obviously has a max peasant cap on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.