Making this entangling roots trigger... NOT WORKING!

Razed

Reaction score
Hi there, in my escaper map there can be a maximum of 8 players running around with their hero. In my Nature-part I want dummies to cast Entangling Roots upon the heroes in the given region.

Code:
Entangling Roots 1
    Events
        Time - Every 4.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Temp_UNITgroup = (Units in Entangling Roots 1 <gen> matching (((Matching player) is an enemy of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 474 <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Random unit from Temp_UNITgroup)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_UNITgroup)

Temp_UNITgroup should set all the escapers (not Player 12, which is the enemy).
'Pick every unit in (Units in Region 474 <gen>)' are 8 dummy casters with entangling roots (and yes, they are in range to do so).
And of course: 'Order (Picked unit --> the dummies) to cast it on a random escaper.'

But the problem is, they aren't casting it rapidly (perhaps 1 cast of all 8 dummies together on one target every 8-12 sec?!). What I actually want is that all the present heroes get entangled every 4 seconds, but that won't happen in any case with the trigger I have now. I'm already happy if they just let at least 70-80% get entangled every 4 sec, but now not even 25% gets entangled and it's way too easy.

Help appreciated. :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> (Matching player)

You're getting units in that group.
Test for "owner of (matching unit)".

"Units in region" leaks a group too by the way.

The also might try to entangle the same Hero several times...
Set Unit = Random unit from ...
Unit group - Remove Unit from <group>
And order your dummy to entangle "Unit" (a variable of type "unit", as you probably guessed).

Razed

Reaction score
I'm still in the learning proces, though...

But I got this trigger now, I tried to understand you as much as possible.
Code:
Entangling Roots 1
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Temp_UNITgroup = (Units in Entangling Roots 1 <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True))
        Set Entangling_Group = (Units in Region 474 <gen>)
        Set Entangling_Unit = (Random unit from Temp_UNITgroup)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Entangling_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Entangling_Unit
        Unit Group - Remove Entangling_Unit from Entangling_Group
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Entangling_Group)

But is this alright? Doesn't seem so ingame.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Code:
Entangling Roots 1
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set [B]Temp_UNITgroup[/B] = (Units in Entangling Roots 1 <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True))
        Set Entangling_Group = (Units in Region 474 <gen>)
        Set Entangling_Unit = (Random unit from [B]Temp_UNITgroup[/B])
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Entangling_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Entangling_Unit
        Unit Group - Remove Entangling_Unit from [B]Entangling_Group[/B]
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Entangling_Group)

you are removing a dummy, not the random unit (or is it supposed to be like that?)

Unit Group - Remove Entangling_Unit from Temp_UNITgroup

EDIT: ye Ace told you the problem, since random unit is not in the loop it will only set him once

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Set Entangling_Unit = (Random unit from Temp_UNITgroup)
> Unit Group - Remove Entangling_Unit from Entangling_Group (should be Temp_UNITgroup)

Put those two lines inside the loop...

Razed

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, but it still wasn't doing what I actually wanted so I made it an other way around...

Code:
Entangling Roots 1
    Events
        Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[1]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0126 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0126 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[1]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[2]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0125 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0125 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[2]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[3]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0124 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0124 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[3]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[4]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0123 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0123 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[4]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[5]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0130 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0130 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[5]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[6]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0129 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0129 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[6]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[7]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0128 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0128 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[7]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entangling Roots 1 <gen> contains Player_HERO[8]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0127 <gen> to 50.00
                Unit - Order Entangling Roots (2 sec) Caster 0127 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots Player_HERO[8]
            Else - Actions

I have given Entangle Roots 50 mana cost (and the dummies 50 mana max. without regeneration). And stored the heroes in Variable Arrays. It works perfectly now :) But +rep for the trouble tho.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.