Making unavailable research available.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
I've set some research on one of my maps as "unavailable", and I'm trying to create a trigger that would make it available again. Any idea what action I'd need?

kungfuturte0

Reaction score
try this...

BlargIAmDead said:
I've set some research on one of my maps as "unavailable", and I'm trying to create a trigger that would make it available again. Any idea what action I'd need?

Try going on scenario and then uograde properties then use custom upgrades and you should have a list upgrades and they say available or unavailable hope that helps :)

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Thank you. Now, once you've done that and set an upgrade to "unavailable", is there any way you can make a trigger to reset the upgrade to "available" in-game? For example, by moving a unit to a region?

kungfuturte0

Reaction score
I think i got it

This should work:

Code:
events

time- elapsed game time is 0.00 (put how many seconds u want till it will become avaiable)

conditions

actions

player-enable ability (then select the ability or research) for player (x)       (X being the player number)

this should mean that after ( say u chose 10 seconds for time) 10 seconds of gameplay the research ( wateva u chose) would become avaiable fot the player u chose :D hop that works!

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> player-enable ability

This only works on abilities.

There is no way to do so for upgrades.
However, you can have them available at all times, but "blocked" by some requirement.

Some upgrade that can not be researched, as requirement on the one you want,
and you research it for the player via triggers when needed.

Reaction score
You could set it so that the research needs a dummy unit (name it as you want it to be) and when you want it to become researchable create a dummy unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.