Making units with wander not panic

WayTooShort

Reaction score
How can I make units with wander not to panic and run away when a friendly unit gets damaged nearby? The unit damaged can still run like a headless chicken, just the other units nearby shouldn't react to that in any way.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I think you can do so by setting this field to False : Stats - Can Flee (Boolean)

WayTooShort

Reaction score
Yeah, but that makes the unit taking damage to stay still too, and I want him to run like there is no tomorrow.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
look in the gameplay constants for something like:
"Attack notification range minimum"
its set to 1250 by default. i guess the maximum is the units aquisation range.

isnt tested though.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Yeah, but that makes the unit taking damage to stay still too, and I want him to run like there is no tomorrow.

Then set a trigger to make the attacked unit run away,maybe like this:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Move To ((Position of (Attacked unit)) offset by 200.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Attacking unit)) to (Position of (Attacked unit))) degrees)

Then it would run 200 units away from the attacker.

WayTooShort

Reaction score
I want the unit to run even when they take damage - or are just in AoE for spell like damageless thunderclap.. Triggering all spells like that one by one would be an enormous job, and checking periodically all units for buffs would be too laggy.

Does anyone know a simpler way? Gameplay constants, unit classification, some ability maybe?

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I don't get it. What effects exactly are you looking for?

WayTooShort

Reaction score
Act just like units with wander ability (which they have), but just act normal when a friendly unit (not the unit itself) is damaged, attacked or whatever.

e.g. when you cast a slow to one critter in a group of critters they all start running away, not just the one that was slowed. I only wan't the slowed one to run.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Maybe you can do a Pick all units... trigger to pause all nearby allies for a short time. I'm not sure if it works to stop them from running, but you might as well try it.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
KardfNomekop's triggers should work.
Just also add an event "Is target of ability", and check that the owner of targeting unit is not an ally. Should work.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
You can also use damage detection.. So it would work even for a normal attack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.