mana use of phenixfire

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
for my map ctf i want to use an item that gives a phenixfire modification, and I want this to use mana ( depending on the distance of the target) each time the phenixfire deals damage
The ability is neither cast nor channeled when it does the damage, so an event refering to ability being cast doesn't help me
Could you please tell me wich event to use or what to do?
thx Serra

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Well as you should now actually I don't have my wc 3 here, but next friday i will see

but I don't think so as this is not how phenixfire works

Phenixfire works like this:
Every cooldown seconds, a random unit in range (default is 600) is dealt damage (20 default)
and then adds the phenixfire buff to the target for idontknow second and deals 5 damage per second to that target

So if this works on attack/cast/channel or st like that it won't help me I tried all these things before
Phenixfire is passive, so it is never cast/channeled
and it does not attack

So I need a trigger that executes when the target of the phenixfire is set

greets Serra

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
no these are attacks like searing arrow or heal
And too, I don't need an autocast spell, I need an event that detects phenixire usage

Phenixfire isnot cast, it is passive
Just like a passive Immolation that needs no mana
but doesn't target all enemys in range but targets 1 random unit in its range

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
The word is "Phoenix", not "Phenix".

E

ekZ

You could check for the buff that phoenix fire gives off periodically and then find the distance between that unit and the unit with phoenix fire, reduce mana as wanted, and then remove the buff.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Thx that you wated to help, but all of this won't have an effect...
Seems as if I had to explain what the phoenixfire mod is exactly:
I have called it "Fireball staff", added it to aan item that can by ourchased by anyone as often as he wants.
It has cooldown of 2.99 seconds and deals 45 damage. The buff is only 0.01 seconds on the target, as being on the target will block further triggering of phenixfire...
SO I would have to pick all units in play every 0.01 seconds and check if this unit has phoenixfire on it - but how would I get the owner of the item that has put the phoenixfire buff on it?`Randomly =.=??

What I tried was "A unt starts the effect of an ability". Does not work.

I'll try "Unit xyz is damaged" with the condition "if has phenixfire buff on it"
and then reduce source of damage the mana I want. Ty for trying any ways, +rep for ekZ and Sooda

EDIT: sry sooda cant rep you have to spread it around^^

johnnyfire

Reaction score
The closest you can get to the result you want i think would be to make pheonix fire a turn on and off ability... but if it is on an item i don't think that would work... srry i couldn't help more

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
umm how do i delete this post >.< this is what happens when your reading too many threads at the same time srry >.< (you start posting in the wrong one)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can delete your post byu pressing edit, then pressing edit again, then you will have an option on deleting it (I'm not entirely sure if this feature is also available here..

Back to Topic:
You can trigger the Phoenix Fire and every use of it will decrease your mana but it will take long. If you really want to have PF using mana then you have to trigger it..

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
You can delete your post byu pressing edit, then pressing edit again, then you will have an option on deleting it (I'm not entirely sure if this feature is also available here..

Back to Topic:
You can trigger the Phoenix Fire and every use of it will decrease your mana but it will take long. If you really want to have PF using mana then you have to trigger it..

Lol how do you want to trigger phoenixfire?
When unit comes into range of xyz
then every xyz seconds
if distance between entering unit and .. ??? <- I do not know what to put here... <= yzx
the deal damage to unit
else do nothing

Well what abpout the special effects?
ANd it will tkae too much time, I would need one of these triggers for each of the ~30 modifications .....

And I will use my own Idea now. If it doesn't work I will return to you...

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
There is no way to do whaty you intend. It has been discussed multiple times in the help forums.

ThySpektre

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Use immolation in conjunction with dummy units, that's the only way. It won't be the same though. You aren't using mana for PF, and you cannot stop PF from firing to every single enemy in range.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Could always do an event that does Unit - A unit acquires an item
Conditions -
Item is your item
Actions -
Trigger - Turn on Phoenix Mana Loss
Set Phoenix Unit = Unit Acquiring Item

Events -
Every 1 second of the game
Condition -
Blehh
Actions -
Set Phoenix Unit Mana to Blah

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
how bout this?

use this only if there is no base attack on your units
trig 1

Event: Unit enters playing feild
Actions: Add event: Unit <triggering unit> Takes damage to trig 2

Trig 2

Events: Defined by trig 1
Conditions: Damage source has item <your item>
<if there is no armor in your game> Damage delt is = <your damage of item>
<if you are useing method below> Damage source = dummy
Actions:
<if useing method below> Set mana of item berrer [player # of owner of damage cource] to current mana (item berrer [player # of owner of damage cource] - 1)
Set mana of damage source to (mana of damage source - <your #>)

and if there is a base attack

The rest functions just add above useing the variables instead od damage source and such

Event: unit aquires item <your item>
condition: item aquired = <your item>
Action: Set (unit) Item bearer [player # of owner of hero aquireing item]
Unit create dummy<has phenix fire ability> at position of Item bearer
[player # of hero aquireing item]
Set: PF [player # of owner of hero aqureing item] = last created unit
Events: every .1 seconds
Actions: Player group: pick every player in game
move instantly PF [ player # of picked player] to (unit
position of (item berrer [ player # of picked player])

Events: unit sells an item
unit drops an item
Conitions: Sold item = <your item>
-OR-
Dropped item = <your item>
Actions: Set Item berrer [player # of owner of selling unit] to no unit
Set Item berrer [player # of owner of dropping unit] to no unit
Set PF [player # of owner of selling unit] to no unit
Set PF [player # of owner of dropping unit] to no unit

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Right, but that drains mana regardless of whether you are "firing" or not.

Not only that, it isn't mui neither....

At psiblade:
Hum nice Idea. Problems:
-You do not need to check for the item if you check for the buff, I think checking iwll need less than 0.01 seconds, so my way could be a bit better. checking for the item ha 6 extra lines, and i have to check for each of the different item that have uch a pf mod on it... will be efficienter with my thing
-Armor != 0 :). so your way would not work.
-If the unit deals exactly as much damage as the weapon would, it reduces mana - even if I did not want so!
-If you make it with the dummy, it i no longer mui. When you get the item twice you would need two pf's, but yor variable only hold one. Too, when you drop the item, all of your pf's would be removed - even if you have 2 additional ones...

so I will use my Idea. If it works, I'll give you - rep Thespectre;) (just a joke ;))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.