Map had no compile errors and then it had thousands.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm here for a bit of a different reason today. Let me explain my problem, I have been working on a map for well over a month now and I'd got a lot of triggers done. My map saved perfectly fine with no errors and everything was good. I then passed it on to a friend to terrain and when he saved it suddenly the map had thousands of compile errors. Now the odd thing is both of us used the newest patch (it's possible he's on a somewhat old one but I wouldn't really know.) and yet when he saved it and I got it back there are now tons of errors and he didn't even touch the triggers.

All the triggers are GUI and were saved by the latest WE patch. So what went wrong and is there anyway that I could go about fixing this?

Thanks for any help you can give. :cool:

~Zerox

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't think he does because he uses .rar for archives but it's possible.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
WOW... Macs can use almost all filetypes.. nvm, If he got the latest patch it would be no problems. Is he using Reinventing the Craft?? That crashes maps.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Same type of editor?
This is most likely the cause. If you have used any custom editor, editor extension or UI changes, a different editor may have problems opening the map.

You should just have your friend make the terrain in an empty map, then copy your ability and trigger data into the map.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm I like what I've you guys have said. And now that you mention it I think there was 1 custom trigger in JASS for tree regrowth. I'll look into it.

I haven't used any custom editor so that's not it but maybe he did. I'll ask him about that.

I'll maybe try deleting my triggers and copy and pasting all the old one's back in. We'll see how that goes.

bYo

Reaction score
I sometimes run across a similar problem. My friend and I are working on a map and he has a Mac. If he creates any type of new unit it screws up a whole heap of triggers of mine by replacing the units in them to something different. I suspect this may be because the Mac version uses a different code to identify the units or something..

I really don't know, but I haven't solved it yet apart from just not letting him add units. Terrain works fine though :S.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Okay good news! I looked in the old version before he terrained it and after he did and somehow this HUGE custom jass script was created while he had it in the main map directory of the trigger editor. I deleted that though and my map was fixed instantly working and saving just like it's supposed too. No idea how it got there but I'm glad it's all fixed now. Thanks guys.

+Rep for each of you for helping me out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.