Map ini removing unused/dropped player +txt

Yoshii

Reaction score
at map initialization i want so that all unusued player unit are removed and this is working fine, then display a msg "player who dropped/no longer in game just left game in fear.The problem is my game can be played for 12 player but if I host a 2 player game, ill get the "player 3 4 5 6 7 etc just left game in fear at initialization even though they never were in game in the first place, anyway to fix?
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Not equal to Is playing
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A)))) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Picked unit))) +  Just Left in FEAR)
                        Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
            Else - Actions
tryed many way to try fix and nothing worked

Y

Yoshiii

my dear yoshi friend:

Code:
Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A)))) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Picked unit))) +  Just Left in FEAR)

must be:

Code:
Then - Actions
                    Loop - Actions

if i am correct, that has to do the trick. :D because now you keep looping the showtext...

Yoshii

Reaction score
na tryed that trick already and still does player 3 4 5 6 7 etc has left the game;)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Don't show any text at all at map start.
Or, better, do it the other way around, instead of removing units of non-existing players,
only create units for players that are actually there.

If you want to announce leavers, make another trigger with "a player leaves" events.

Yoshii

Reaction score
AceHart said:
Don't show any text at all at map start.
Or, better, do it the other way around, instead of removing units of non-existing players,
only create units for players that are actually there.

If you want to announce leavers, make another trigger with "a player leaves" events.
did that already however i just wanted to announce player that dropped before game start.

Y

Yoshiii

then there is something else wrong because i use EXACTLY the same code and it works... :)

Rad

Reaction score
Yoshii[highlight]i[/highlight] was right, your looping the messege for every unit they have (and then gets removed)... Take the messege out of the loop.

Also, do what Acehart said. Just take the messege out of the map initialization completely! Of course it shows they dropped ~ unless there are 12 players in game :nuts:

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lol your trigger works perfectly. if you don't want it to say they left in fear then change the text dont make it say that.

Rad

Reaction score
Read this out loud...
Code:
    Loop - Actions

Yoshii

Reaction score
Rad said:
Read this out loud...
Code:
    Loop - Actions

hehe i had tryed both way, looping or not, it will display the msg that player 3 45 6 7 etc left game even if you hosted a 2 player;)
anyway removed msg so Case closed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.