Map Problem

Spray-

Reaction score
Heya all, got a.. pretty nasty problem with my map. Every time i host it online, 4-5 out of 9 ppl always get kicked (the waiting for host and then disconnected thing) at the same time, so im assuming thats not a server split. So what can i do about it? Bit annoying :p

Thanks in advance for any help! If you want me to upload the map so you can have a look, just ask.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You will have to upload the map. It's an initialization error and I'd need to see what you've written.

Spray-

Reaction score
Oh yea, the disconnect thing happens after about 20-40 secs (basically the first wave, i think)

EDIT: Darnit, its saying it exceeds my limitations (uploading it) lol

EDIT 2: Ill put it up on Mediafire, gimme a sec :)

AND HERE WE GO: http://www.mediafire.com/?2uo1k3kjr1t

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here

To be honest I have no idea why it's crashing. My best conclusion is that your editor has saved something incorrectly.. So I've saved it locally and uploaded again for you. See if that works.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, almost all of your triggers leaks ALOT ! But maybe not so much to disconnect several people :S

Want a slight leakcheck of the map ?

Spray-

Reaction score
Yea i know pretty much ALL my triggers leak, lol :p Yea sure, i wouldnt mind a leakcheck :)

Spray-

Reaction score
Right, what happend is it started out normal. Then i actually thought it was gonna work as the first level started and it was fine, but about 10 seconds in, some ppl said it started to lag and then BAM everyone got kicked except me :p

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Spray- try hosting again, this time play a different colour than you normally do. I assume you usually play red? Try blue. If you get kicked I can almost guarantee it's a null memory reference.

Spray-

Reaction score
Lol, either there's too few ppl online now or ppl have just had enough of getting booted from the game :p I'll try tomorrow x)

Taishaku

Reaction score
@Spray
I'm having similar problems with my own map, except there is no lag, just a sudden disconnect. Also, it occurs very infrequently.

Also, looking at your map, a lot of it is leaky or redundant. In addition, you should never be using triggers you do not fully understand. Your damage triggers seem to be imported.

Your leaving player triggers, for example, can be vastly simplified.

Also... this looks a lot like a Wintermaul map...

Spray-

Reaction score
It is, a "remake" of Wintermaul, yes. But.. with Heroes :p I made one 3 years ago and i came back to Wc3 recently and thought i'd make a new improved one.

And yea, the Damage Text system is imported, but would that really be the cause of the problem tho? I like it :(

Edit: Its got "Maul" in the title after all :)

Taishaku

Reaction score
@Spray-
I doubt it's the problem, but I just don't think it's good to use things you don't understand.

Errr... let's see... what do our maps have in common. They both used something from a Wintermaul map. I imported the triggers and objects. We both have Ship at the end of the map. You use a unit group spawn system, I used to as well, though mine was staggered, but the desynchronization still occurs under a custom value system.

Spray-

Reaction score
Spray- try hosting again, this time play a different colour than you normally do. I assume you usually play red? Try blue. If you get kicked I can almost guarantee it's a null memory reference.

Tried playing Gray. Same thing happend as before.

Spray-

Reaction score
@Spray-
I doubt it's the problem, but I just don't think it's good to use things you don't understand.

Errr... let's see... what do our maps have in common. They both used something from a Wintermaul map. I imported the triggers and objects. We both have Ship at the end of the map. You use a unit group spawn system, I used to as well, though mine was staggered, but the desynchronization still occurs under a custom value system.

..... And? :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.