Mapsters ORPG

Mapster

Reaction score
Yes i realize i have basically the same name as Fletchers topic what ever...

But yeah i am working on an ORPG which is when you start off as a Villager (may change name later) and you have to kill monsters to level up to 13 or 15 to get your first Job Advancement which is when your stats are doubled.

As a Villager every time you level you will be given 3 skill points to apply to either Strength, Agility or Intelligence. These will indicate how much damage you will deal further into the game; So it's ALL about your Villagers Attribute points at the start of the game.

Later on when you level up to 13 you will be able to become a Magician of some sort, this job will require intelligence as your primary attribute.
The magician will be based on using their spells which i will be naming later on (hence the intelligence).

When you become level 15 you can either become an Axeman or an Assassin and your experience rate will be disabled until you get your job.

Axemen will be based by melee attacks and will use Strength as their primary attribute points so their health will be over the hills (not literally).
Axemen will be much like the mountain king only will be using Axes have have differant based skills such as "Power Axe (differant name)".

Assassins will be based by range and speed but have very low health. Their primary attribute points will be Agility to increase their attack-speed but it will not effect their armor.

The ORPG will have many new triggers such as stacking up potions when you pick them up, model attachments when you pick up a new weapon or armor and even Random gold thats dropped from monsters and potions and weapons that can be dropped from monsters as well.

As soon as i get each little bug fixed i'll post out a beta version of this map for you all to rate and see if there is anything that i missed.

The map may also have a save/load system depending if the map will need it or not.

Cheers,
Mapster

Beta 9.11:
Click here to Download

Mapster

Reaction score
! UPDATE !​

Ok here is an early release for people to test, it's still not done and there isn't the magician job advancement yet so yeah...

This is a team effort (spelling) rpg after your first job so don't go running into high level monsters lol.

There is no save/load so don't bother trying to save.
Read the quests log for information about what to do/get for the job advancements.

Click here to download

Please play this and report back later on.

Cheers,
Mapster

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
this is so cool, reminds me of maplestory...

Are you Mapster from maplestory? >_<

I'd really want to see this map finished, i would play it a lot :D
I'll test it right now

esb

Reaction score
Cool, yeah im from PMS :D

And it's really nice, also, i noticed a "bug"
I did the "whosyourdaddy" code and went to Rock golems. I leveled up to lvl 13 and i get a dialog "Do you want to be a Magician? Click yes or you're buggered" or something a long those nice, but i clicked no :D

Also, in your ability window (Bottom Right, with your movement things) the Tooltips always say "Adds 1 point to Strenght" and so on, can't you make it so it tells you exactly how much it adds?

Also, there are some storage systems, i got lost (had to click on each one) but they look good, but only one town? (I only saw in one town)

Other than that, it's all good.

Mapster

Reaction score
Yeh i hate Maplestory as well, lol...

The message is ment to come up and it doesn't matter if you click yes or no... you can still become something else, i took out the system that disables your experience rate.

It adds 1 every time you put a point into your strength/agility or intelligence.
Oh and btw.. what a sad guy for using cheats :rolleyes:

esb

Reaction score
lmao
it was just a test run, and like other rpg's, the leveling is SLoooooowwww

Mapster

Reaction score
It's an rpg, it's ment to be slow leveling. T_T
RedFish Hutt is a good place to train until level 9 or 10.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
The ORPG will have many new triggers such as stacking up potions when you pick them up, model attachments when you pick up a new weapon or armor and even Random gold thats dropped from monsters and potions and weapons that can be dropped from monsters as well.

Those aren't exactly new triggers. They have been in many previous ORPG's. :p You might want to try to put more classes in. 3 classes would be quite boring especially in a long RPG.

Mapster

Reaction score
lol, i realize they are in a lot of rpg's but adding them into the rpg makes it more fun, when you have to run around pick up 6 items sell em then come back and pick up 6 more is rather annoying, plus people could steal all the items before you get to sell them. =/

As i think of more classes i'll be adding them in, for now i have thought of the 3 above and another 1 but i am not 100% sure if i'll be adding them in for it could be over powered or just not fit the world.

S

sh4d0ws

Mapster, i sent you a message to your PM. please check it out.

Also, nice job with the ORPG!

Mapster

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply :)

Ok i hosted this online with 3 other people, they liked it but there are a few things i need to add and so on.

Mapster

Reaction score
! UPDATE !

Ok Added Magician class, skill not 100% done but this definantly adds to the excitement of the rpg.

No saving system yet since it's only in beta and aint no point in having 1 yet.

Click here to download

Evoroth

Reaction score
I must say I sighed when I read the thread for the first time, mostly because it seemed like you without creativity completely copied Maplestory and tried to hide it. But I've tried it, and I liked it, even though 90% of everything was copies of MapleStory... I don't think I need to say what I'm talking about. But otherwise, it was well done, and can be really fun as soon as you add more things to do, more skills to learn (there isn't enough character development available to survive in the hardest areas without cheats), more varied quests, dungeons, or whatever you come up with.

Some other things to fix:
The potion supposed to heal 1000 hp, heals only 500.
The quest with a 500 gold reward, SETS the players gold to 500, not adds.
The attack skills are terribly underpowered.
You can wear two shields and helmets. At least when they arn't the same type.
You cannot stack items when your inventory is full.
Why is the assassin place a graveyard with undeads? WHAT has a star throwing assassin to do with undeath? (as I remember, the assassin trainer in maplestory was named 'Dark Master', but that means that he was a master of the shadows, not necromancy...)

Not much problems, just disturbing stuff. As soon as you can fix that, your game will be really nice.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
The attack skills are terribly underpowered.
You can wear two shields and helmets. At least when they arn't the same type.

Neither of those are required for his map. The attack could be meant to be low for team play and lots of people don't like the restrictions to on type of item per hero. Saying that is something he needs to fix seems pretty wrong. Maybe something he could add for your enjoyment but not something he needs to fix.

EDIT: Restriction may be a problem didn't actually test the map myself. :( The damage though I think he mentioned in a previous statement. He said, "It's an rpg, it's ment to be slow leveling. T_T" so attack is most likely intended to be low.

esb

Reaction score
He said that about the helmets because in the tooltip it says you may only wear one.

Mapster

Reaction score
I havn't got the Helmet/Weapon/Shield stacking restriction done yet.

And let me remind all of you that this is a "Team Effort" Map as it says somewhere in the loading screen i think.

Thanks for reporting the bugs Evoroth, i didn't know about the 1000hp but i just fixed it as soon as i read the bug, and i found out about the Venom quests last night when i tested this publicly :D

EDIT:
And let me remind all of you that this is NOT a remake of the Maplestory map, if it was it wouldn't have any detail, the names of areas would be the same, the skills would basically be the same and so on... so no more talking about the Maplestory map plz.

Also Assassins and Magician has been used in other maps/mods as well...

esb

Reaction score
Well it's based on Maplestory (Jobs, Map names, type, monsters, items, etc.)

but it's better than Maplestory. I would suggest to make it less "Maplestory" give it a warcraft touch?

Mapster

Reaction score
The monsters/items/map names are not the fucken same... i just said it's not... omg... the jobs are slightly the same but not at all.

Ok i need someone to beta test my rpg, must be active on battle.net and must not be an idiot AT ALL, my recent beta tester just through a hissey fit and i fired him T_T (lol?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.