Marooned on Zarconis

Table of Contents,

About..... 1
Storyline...... 2
game play..... 2.5
Highlights.... 3
Island Properties..... 4
Map Status.... 5

This game is about living a timed amount in the wilderness and harsh climates of a island located far north on the land of Azeroth named Zarconis. This untamed island doesn't have any humanoids living on it anymore, Due to its temperatures averaging 30°f in the summer time.

Once home to small crowds of humans, it is no longer of any importance as the humans froze to death during the winters. and is often passed by pirates and freight ships that travel between two major cites. They are not as north at Zarconis, They are south of it, But since their both built halfway across the world, it is faster to go north then south.

You are on your ship, riding it across the northern end of the globe, it is your job to transport cargo from the major city of Ironforge to
the newly erected Dwarven city of Kantos.

20 miles from Zarconis a deckhand spots a ship in the distance, it is a sleek fast pirate boat, Everyone on deck opens sails. not gaining enough speed the pirate boat soon catches your pace. They pirates climb aboard your boat. Fists, Swords, even the butt of rifles start swinging. Soon overwhelmed by the pirates strength in numbers, crew-mates and pirates alike start dropping.

you and some of your deck hands are bound by the pirates to each other. The pirates laugh and cheer at their success and drink some of the wine you were transporting, along with pulling out crates of silver, Stacks of silk, and racks of meat.

The pirates talk of marooning you at an island to the named Zarconis, Named by the leading man who decided to first try to colonize it. When some of the pilgrims sailed back they brought terrible news of cold, harvest able land, And dubbed the island as Winters Lash.

You are dropped over the side in a small vessel overfilled and scared of water so cold it should be frozen rock hard, you and your deck hands start paddling to save yourselves. how the next event happens, only you can decide.

When you arrive, you start with a backpack, And are given a perk. Perks are advantages that are given to you early in the game, they are chosen by you.

Starting out- You start with nothing more than the shirt on your back, and a back pack. So to start a main building, you must collect grass (an item that both serves as scenery and a starting structure) And you use it to build a grass hut, by placing one on the ground, and dropping 5 more onto it, With every arm full of grass, it gets larger untill you can build a grass hut.

You build pretty much everyone of your start buildings by doing this. But after a while, youll start using build menus (because I didnt feel like gui'ing it, and i felt that it would be less strain later in the game.

WHen you spawn on the island, For the first 5 minutes, The island is full of harmless creatures that cannot kill you, After 5 minutes, 70 animals randomly spawn, A low threat animal, Such as boar, or wild dog. Then after 10 minutes, Medium Threat animals spawn in such as wolfs. Old Boars., At 15 minutes, High threat animals spawn in, bears, Tigers. ( if i can happen to find a tiger model)

To collect the resource, Rocks, you must find them on the ground, Rocks spawn randomly. Spawning in random places on such a large map, makes it hard to get stones, so if you need some you need to travel to collect them.

Lumber is collected by picking up sticks off the ground, spawning randomly in forested areas, are faster spawn. After you make a Stone Axe, When equipped by a marooned player, gives you the ability to harvest trees. But until you do, your allowed to chop down trees with a regular weapon, But not able to gain lumber out of it, This is mainly so you can expand your camp with out having to build it stringed throughout the whole forest.

Items will show as a model in the players hands if it is a weapon, And I have some models, Very limited in the means of Armor, So far I only got a Cloak, and Leather Helmet Model, (Would be nice to find some more Leather/Cloth looking armor Model files, And some more weapon files, but cant find any for the Item table I constructed that fit nice to the description.) You Can wear 4 pieces of armor at any one time, And you can dual wield with certain weapons.

You can Domesticate beasts, Not including Bears, and tigers. these animals must eat to stay alive too. but can carry a certain amount of items.

You can resort to cannibalism! If your low on food and your friend, Or your enemy just dies, you can use his human flesh to cook and eat! (Eating has a chance to inflict a disease that doesn't dispel)

There are modes for the following game plays,
Locked Team Deathmatch.
This is a 5 vs 5 Player vs Player based mode, If you can out survive, Or kill the opposing team, You win the game, (If a 11th player is present, (s)he will be given the option to leave, Or to Stay and lone wolf it.)

Last man Standing
This is a Free for all Player vs Player based mode, If you can out survive, or kill the opposing players, You win the game. Teams Locked.

Uneasy Alliance
This is a Team or Player Vs Player mode, You can Change your alliances with other players. So you can be Team mates one second, but then enemies the next.

Timed Survival.
Player 1 (Red) picks a time 30-45-60-85-120 minutes of game play, if your whole team can survive the time, you are victorious. if half your team dies, you lose. :)

The island has a long cliff shoreline, but with pockets of beaches. The land for the majority is Mountain like. A Straight runs through the island, but you can walk to the other side from bridges of ice stuck in between the land. Very lush in winter vegetation. Weather is really harsh, Almost always snowing, and a lot of times, Blizzard.

Accessibility is good, Once you find a path, or a old town left over from the first establishments that are now ruined. (don't worry, its not too hard to navigate, I left it kinda open, The only thing that really stops you is trees and dangerous animals.)

Beta Completion 60-65%
Triggers 50-55%
Terrain 60%
Abilities, Units, Tech tree. 50-60%
Items 40-50%
Open beta. (please after playing come back and tell me what you think)
Looking for more weapon models, Armor models, building models.
Screenies soon.
Thinking about adding -
Arena mode (15 minutes of teching. Then everyone is summoned to an island arena. and must fight to the death, Every kill gives a point, And the first to 35 wins.)

Hunted mode (one person out of the 11 is picked, and is given only Weapons, armor, and a net. And the abillity to make only a grass hut, Fire, food, and able to catch a pet. And must hunt the other players)

Back Stabber (infection kind of gameplay, One player is designated a killer, and the rest as targets, A team Survival kind of deal, But if your caught, and killed. You will lose!)

Custom Music, And or Custom voice sounds for Low Warmth, low Hunger, Low health.
I can play guitar decently, So maybe ill make 2 tracks of music you can toggle.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you notice errors in my elaboration and representation of my map, let me know. Furthermore, Let me know your opinion! this will help make the game fun!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.