Max Collision

BLQQD

Reaction score
Downloaded a BFT (Big Tank) but it collides with everything, i tried changing the pathing-collision size but it seems to have a small maximum...

is there a way to stop them from colliding with everything? cause it looks really bad in my map when u send 2 of them sumwhere and they intersect each other :banghead:

educator

Reaction score
:thup:reduce the unit collision and the scaling size then it shouldn't collide with stuff.

EDIT: sorry i meant for you to reduce the "selection scale" then it will work and it wont/shouldn't collide with stuff. the selection scale doesnt change the size of the unit visualy it just changes the size that will be recognised when attacking/being attacked and moving.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
in gameplay constants you can set the maximum collision size somewhere.

BLQQD

Reaction score
in gameplay constants you can set the maximum collision size somewhere.

hmmmm it was a good idea but for suuum reason it doesnt work, any1 kno y or have a different idea?

i tried making it the max, 1024 in gameplay constants, but giving the tank a collision radius of anything between 250 and 1000 seems to have the same effect

setting it to 1 seems to let things collide with it even more, but not very much more

and yes i tried making the max 500 or 700 then setting the tank to 450 or 600 but it still seems to have the same collision size

Guest3z

Reaction score
You could try basing your unit off a building, if you set Stats - is a building to False in the editor you can make units with giant collisions. I'm not sure what side effects this could potentially have but I tested with a blacksmith in the editor (not in game) and the blacksmith turned unit seemed to have a pretty massive collision size.

BLQQD

Reaction score
You could try basing your unit off a building, if you set Stats..... I'm not sure what side effects this could potentially have

:thup:
^i thought of this and will resort to it if i have to, but id rather not as it increase the chances of weird complications later:banghead:

any 1 know if this will cause weird problems? or a better way to do it?

Guest3z

Reaction score
I did a lil more testing and it seems even with large building base the units collision doesnt ever get any bigger than about the size of a farm in game. However they seem to spread out more when they move in formation.

To be less buggy you can try instead of baseing your unit off a building simply taking ur existing unit, switching Stats - Is a building to true, scroll up to Pathing - Pathing Map set it to some building Pathing such as a farm or blacksmith, then reverting Stats - Is a building to false again. This seems like it would be less hassle + less prone to bugs than baseing it entirely off a building.

I tested a few things with this method of Pathing - Pathing Map modified units and you can still use abilities on them, priests still auto cast heal on them, they can still walk on unbuildable terrain and water and can still be moved through triggers as you would expect any normal unit would. I couldnt think of anything else to test but it seems to lack any obvious, ruinous bugs.

BLQQD

Reaction score
Good idea

Sounds like an idea... and im gona go with it, unless some1 post sumthing better? thx bro

educator

Reaction score
sorry i meant for you to reduce the "selection scale" then it will work and it wont/shouldn't collide with stuff. the selection scale doesnt change the size of the unit visualy it just changes the size that will be recognised when attacking/being attacked and moving. and im saying this again because a guessed that you don't re-read the previos posts.(I edited my other post)

BLQQD

Reaction score
owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

and nice looking out... no i dont think i would have noticed
ima try that

BLQQD

Reaction score
Ok no it didnt work... I tried many variations, changing the selection scale (whoos base is 1) from 100 to .001 while constantly changing the collision size from 100 to 1024

at one point, the marine im using to test it would avoid the sides of the tank but would still cut the corners. I could still force him to enter deeply into the tank tho. this point was sumwhere in the dille of the numbers and i kno relize i should have marked it X0

And btw the tanks width is alittle bigger than a human barracks and its a rectangle so the length is longer XD ..... for sum visual reference

BLQQD

Reaction score
scale it to zero. max collission is 1024. min collision can be lower then 100 iirc.

well puting it to 100 with selection scale to 0 lets the tanks move in formation without coliding but they still collide often enough and when troops run past them they sortof run through them:banghead:

it works good enough thro thanks guys

To be less buggy you can try instead of baseing your unit off a building simply taking ur existing unit, switching Stats - Is a building to true, scroll up to Pathing - Pathing Map set it to some building Pathing such as a farm or blacksmith, then reverting Stats - Is a building to false again. This seems like it would be less hassle + less prone to bugs than baseing it entirely off a building.

i also tried this but when i uncheck is a building it loses the pathing map, idk if im doing sumthing wrong but i tried leaving it as a buildinging and running a marine around it and it worked fine, but as soon as i change it, it acts as before

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.