.mdx & .blp help

jak3u

Reaction score
I downloaded a model from hiveworkshop.com, some of them only had 1 .mdx file which is really convenient for me 'cause I only need to import one file. But some of the models have 2+ .mdx files and there's even another 2+ .blp files which I have no clue what to do with.

What is the point of the extra .mdx files and the .blp files?

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
The differnet ways that the creator/editor made them, should work either way though

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Most of the time if theres a blp with it its the skin, the path you have to put it to should be indicated where you downloaded it. If there's another mdx its probably particles or something, the path should be indicated as well.

jak3u

Reaction score
Most of the time if theres a blp with it its the skin, the path you have to put it to should be indicated where you downloaded it. If there's another mdx its probably particles or something, the path should be indicated as well.

What are paths and how do I do that? o.0

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
It should say on the website where you dled the model
In WE Imported editor, you click on the file, and copy the path into the right section

jak3u

Reaction score
It should say on the website where you dled the model
In WE Imported editor, you click on the file, and copy the path into the right section

I tried, but when I used it as a model, there's nothing there. It's an invisible unit.

Example:
I used the King Arthas model from hiveworkshop.com and it said import the skin to the following path: NerzulHelmGray.blp .

I went to import manager, imported both of them, then I right clicked KingArthas.mdx file and modified the file properties. Then I click "use custom path" . Then I put NerzulHelmGray.blp in the blank. What did I do wrong? o.0

jak3u

Reaction score
Close WE and open it up again, it should be there.

It's not there. And I meant whenever I test out the map, the unit isn't there. Example: I used the KingArthas model for a peasant. When the game started, it's invisible.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Well then that model might not work. Too bad, some models do that

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Can remember took alot of space so i deleted it. But the dl does come with a ReadMe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.