Spell Meathook

soulreaping

Reaction score
You didn't get me.

TT is using 1 timer for few instances, not only 1 instance.

The meaning of a constant function is that it returns a constant value, hence the real you will get after the calculations will be constant.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
removing units can corrupt the handle stack, or some shit

i know your new, thus I give you suggestions so you can improve, you should follow them :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
You didn't get me.

TT is using 1 timer for few instances, not only 1 instance.

The meaning of a constant function is that it returns a constant value, hence the real you will get after the calculations will be constant.

So TT can have 10 different things running on it, but its using the one timer for all?

removing units can corrupt the handle stack, or some shit

Handle stack? Uhm... I don't have a clue WTF that is... and unless you know of a good alternative that completely removes the unit (or at least makes it look like they were removed), there isn't much I can do to change it and still make the spell look decent

EDIT: OK, found an alternative... KillUnit (u) + ShowUnit (u, false). Now I can keep anim speeds at 0% and noone will know that the dummies still exist ^^

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Ye, I just thought of that and editted the post ^^

i know your new, thus I give you suggestions so you can improve, you should follow them

I don't plan on changing the timer usage from HAIL to TT with this spell anytime soon unless it's absolutely vital (the spell works well, and there is minimal lag unless there is 10+ simultaneous instances) or unless you give me cookies :D

should use a triggercondition for the trigger, then you dont have to remove it(which your not even doing)

Removing the trigger action should be fine instead of using triggerconditions (they don't seem to like me :()

no timer stack? or this could really run on just one....

Can't really follow advice here since I don't really know what you are saying :D

NOTE:
Still awaiting decent screenshots (I've asked someone to upload the screenshots then send me the links). Shouldn't take too much longer

Ahm... screenshots are being a b*tch... I'll have to wait until tomorrow to upload them correctly. Until then, you have to live with the 640x480 that doesnt show enemies being hit

ANOTHER EDIT:
There is already a great version of Meat Hook made by Tinki3.

That didn't stop 3 different omnislash spells from being approved (made by kc102, emjlr3 and Tinki3) :p

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Removing the trigger action should be fine instead of using triggerconditions (they don't seem to like me )

Removing the actions does not work. Search for it on wc3c ... there a plenty threads about it I think. You must do your stuff in the Condition(function ... ) stuff. Just do your actions there and at a return true or false which does not matter anyway^^.

131ackout

Why call it meathook? Dosen't look very meaty to me, "grappling hook" would be more suitable imo.

Yep, he makes a point, but why don't you like it to be called meathook?

if you wanna, you can add the meats and something on the top of the meat hook?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Yep, he makes a point, but why don't you like it to be called meathook?

if you wanna, you can add the meats and something on the top of the meat hook?

1) Never said I didn't like calling it meathook :p
2) Idea of name change is to prevent confusion between this version and Tinki3's version of the spell
3) It has a meat hook (abomination's one) at the end of it :confused:

soulreaping

Reaction score
Why change the name when it has already, Meat Hook.

It's the same as in DotA I don't see any need for a change just write "I made my version of Meat Hook from DotA".

emjlr3

Reaction score
Can't really follow advice here since I don't really know what you are saying

use a timer stack, such as cssafety, or have it all run on one timer (preferable)

That didn't stop 3 different omnislash spells from being approved (made by kc102, emjlr3 and Tinki3)

mine was actually completely different and unique, functioned entirely differently, and was "revolutionary", this is hardly any of the above

triggerconditions dont leak, triggeractions do, they work fine, use them

and yes i agree name could use a change

also a neat addition would be to allow movement of the caster, and as such, update links from the caster as he moves (get what im saying?)

It has a meat hook (abomination's one) at the end of it

yea but it works like a grappling hook, regardless of the model used, a step towards making this your own and different form Tinkis could be a name change

HAIL is not widely used (IMO), ppl who use a pre-made system often use ABC/a Cohadar variant or HSAS, those who don't use there own (me) and don't really need your spell

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
> use a timer stack, such as cssafety, or have it all run on one timer (preferable)

Never used any part of CS before, can you explain what benefit this would give?

> triggerconditions dont leak, triggeractions do, they work fine, use them

So there's absolutely no need for TriggerRemoveCondition (if it exists)?

> and yes i agree name could use a change

Got any suggestions?

> also a neat addition would be to allow movement of the caster, and as such, update links from the caster as he moves (get what im saying?)

I get what you're saying, but that's probably too complicated for me. I had to store all the previous hook coordinates in an array to prevent it acting weird at map boundary (before storing those coordinates in an array, if the hook hit map boundary, it would travel behind the caster :S)

> HAIL is not widely used (IMO), ppl who use a pre-made system often use ABC/a Cohadar variant or HSAS, those who don't use there own (me) and don't really need your spell

Well, TheDamien advised me to use HAIL/HSAS over ABC (since they are faster), but the 'How to Use' section in PandaMine's HSAS thread really confused me (I don't know what static/dynamic databases are, and which to use :S). And HAIL's configuration seemed much simpler :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
CSData is the simplest of all, and the fastest...

check the caster system for CSData and CSSafety

however, using a single timer is really the best bet (need a timer, an array of your struct, and an integer to count total active instances - loop through all instances every timer callback, if that one is over, set last one to that one in the array, and update total instances)

dont need to remove/destroy triggerconditions, that is correct

i understans my suggestion is more work, but it would seperate this from other ones previously made

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
> CSData is the simplest of all, and the fastest...

And it does what? I'm guessing struct attachment

> however, using a single timer is really the best bet (need a timer, an array of your struct, and an integer to count total active instances - loop through all instances every timer callback, if that one is over, set last one to that one in the array, and update total instances)

Still not really understanding you :D Unless you think it's absolutely vital to the spell, there's no need to explain right now ^^

> i understans my suggestion is more work, but it would seperate this from other ones previously made

I just don't know how to do it (I could update the points along the line, but that would just make it straight no matter which way you moved which would look terrible). If I had an idea of how to do it, I wouldn't have a problem trying.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.