- Reaction score
Medieval Knights IV
This is the fourth and final installment of my Medieval Knights map series. (of which I havent published all)
Medieval Knights has always been an RTS map with heavy focus on (more or less) realistic combat and base construction, as well as army composition and positioning.
I started working on this map exactly 3 days ago and I worked for, probably about 12 hours on it. Its not final yet, but its playable.
- Customized resource gathering:
- Gold can be gathered at villages which need to be conquered.
- You can invest gold at the market to get more gold back later.
- Gold can be exchanged for Lumber.
- Lumber can be harvested from rocks, trees and farms which you can build.
- Customized base construction:
- There are fixed towns with indestructible walls around them.
- Each town has room for 16 buildings.
- Each town can have up to 3 gates which can be opened and closed at your will.
- Military buildings and farms can be build outside of town.
- Balanced and specialized combat units:
- Archers can miss moving targets or hit a different unit if several are moving close together.
- Archers deal very little damage to structures.
- Cavalry is faster then all other units but less powerful.
- Catapults need to set up before they can attack. While set up they can not move.
- Air travel via zeppelin.
- Sea travel via transport ships.
- When a player is defeated he becomes allied with the opponent who destroyed his last town. The defeated player gets to play a hero and has no longer the chance to conquer a town for himself.
(A medium sized town with some units stationed inside.)
(A neutral village. A village can be conquered to collect gold from it)
(Farmland: Farms can produce crops which can be harvested for lumber.)Credits:
- Current catapult model
- House model
- Goblin Laboratory model with animations
- Mercenary model with animations
- Tavern model with animations
- Fortification Wall model
- Fortification Wall Outer Edge model
- Fortification Tower model
- Version 1.1
- Changed tooltips of various units.
- Fixed blight in towns which were bugged.
- Version 1.2
- Decreased catapult attack power.
- Increased building defense against normal attacks.
- Removed Shop.
- Added Warlord Hideout.
- Version 1.3
- Changed tooltip of Trebuchet
- Walls have been added to the town construction.
- Debris that is being upgraded into other buildings can now be attacked.
- Version 1.4
- Fixed hotkeys and tooltips of siege units.
- Fixed a bug with gates and walls not belonging to the right player.
- Some minor visual fixes.
- Some changes to collision sizes. (workers smaller / horseback units bigger)
- Version 1.5
- 2 villages which were previously missing on the map were added.
- A village has been moved slightly to balance the positions more.
- Villages now have a maximum of 1500 gold instead of 500.
- Villages do NO longer respawn. If a village is gone, it is permanently removed from the game.
- Villages heal allied units around them twice as fast now.
- Towns can now be destroyed permanently.
- Warlords now start with 100 mana.
- All items do now need mana to be used.
- All items now have a cooldown of 0.25.
- Warlords will now get 50 mana and 100 hitpoints per level up.
- Warlords do now get +10 food capacity per level up.
- Warlord experience rates customized.
- Regeneration item now heals 250 hitpoints instead of 500.
- Warlord Hideouts can now train builders.
- Version 1.6
- Changed some ability hotkeys and tooltips.
- Changed some unit costs.
- Changed the spies invisibility cooldown duration from 3.0 to 1.0 seconds.
- Forges can now be build since tech-level 1.
- Changed the duration of upgrades.
- Builders can now gather lumber.
- Some visual and balance improvements on the terrain.
- Changed model of watchtower to differentiate it from scout towers.
- Town buildings which get damaged below 25% of their max health will become neutral if the townhall has been destroyed.
- Version 1.7
- Added an island with a village in the center of the lake.
- Some terrain improvements.
- Added wizard ability "Sky Strike", an AoE DoT ability.
- Added pikeman ability "Defensive Stance" which slows down their movement speed but increases their hitpoints.
- Knights will dismount now (and become swordman) when their hitpoints go below 25%.
- Changed unit priorities.
- Added information about attack and armor types.
- Added custom model for trebuchet.
- Added custom model for zeppelin.
- Added custom model for sorceress.
- Version 1.8
- Fixed lumber collection rate of unupgraded workers. (was incorrectly 8 instead of 6)
- Now you only need 12 small investments to reach medium level in the marketplace.
- Now you only need 12 medium investments to reach high level in the marketplace.
- Builders can now attack trees and rocks to destroy them immediately.
- Minor changes to combat system.
- Minor visual changes to the terrain.
- Neutral hostile town buildings can no longer be taken over.
- Added new unit "Barbarian". Barbarian can be trained only by warlords.
- Warlord hideout can no longer train combat units.
- Healers can now place sentry wards.
- Changed hotkey for protection ability from healer. (Was 'D' is now 'V')
- Version 1.9
- Warlords can no longer build Barracks
- Mana Well replenishes less mana per use and costs more mana per unit
- Healers and Wizards regenerate mana slower now
- Raiders have less hitpoints
- Siege attack of Raiders does not benefit from upgrades anymore
- Normal attack of Raiders benefits double from upgrades
- Reveal from the laboratory costs more gold per use now
- Increased missle speed of towers
- Some tooltips have been fixed
- Some bug fixes with the town system
Comments criticism and testing is very much appreciated.
700.4 KB Views: 480