Minus attributes

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
I want to give minus str/agl/int to a hero... but have it be 12 - 1 instead of 11 for example. Problem is Attribute Bonus doesn't allow negatives. Solutions?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold shift and double-click on the Attribute Bonus fields. It will allow negatives.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried it just now and it let me enter a negative number.

Korolen

Reaction score
...! Not for me... You sure you tried it on an integer value?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I just held shift, double clicked, and entered -1 and it allowed it. I think Shift disables all safeties on ANY field.

Korolen

Reaction score

OK, I create a custom ability off of Attribute Bonus, then, I hold down shift and double click on Level 1 - Data - Agility Bonus, type in -1 and it ignores the - sign.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't do that for me. :confused: I don't know why it won't work for you. Did you try just clicking the down arrow past 0?

Korolen

Reaction score
Did you try just clicking the down arrow past 0?
Yea... 2, 1, 0, 0, 0... I'm on a mac, and some of the other things in the WE don't work quite right (such as SHIFT + Page Down to lower a doodad). Maybe that has something to do with it.

Z

Zell

Korolen, you must be doing something wrong. I just openned WE, held shift and openned the Agility Bonus field (and all of the others) and it allowed me to use both the keypad and normal negative, as well as simply decrease the value with the arrows below zero.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be that.... I don't know enough about MACs to be of much help there.... You could try looking for a Warcraft III site that might have differences in the editor between MACs and PCs.

Z

Zell

Macs eh? Try all of those funky alternate function keys. One of them has to work (unless Blizzard made only PCs give negative integers...?).

Korolen

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Well this is inconvenient. Could someone upload a map with an ability with negative integers up to around 10 in it... maybe I can copy+paste it lol. If not I'll have to edit the w3o file in the MPQ.

Korolen

Reaction score
Hmmm nope...

I'm going to try installing a second copy of the game with hopefully default stuff and see if that works.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
What version of Warcraft III do you have? That may affect your ability to enter negative integers.

Korolen

Reaction score
I have the latest version.

I just installed Warcraft in Boot Camp, and changed the values there, lol.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
try shift + enter to enter the data field. don't forget to check off "allow negatives" in preference.

Korolen

Reaction score
As described in the beginning of the thread, I've already tried pretty much everything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.