Miss on attacks

Xbing

Reaction score
I know this is an amatuer question, and this topic has been discussed in this forum before but unfortunately it could not fix my problem. i have been trying to use bash to make a unit miss on attacks but it never does, i have checked gameplay constants and i do not think there are any factors affecting it, i have tried making 100% bash, 1.00 miss, 0% bash, 1.00 miss, 0% bash, 0.75 miss and 25% bash, 1.00 miss. (i wanted 75% miss but just to test i put 1.00 for miss factor but it still fails)... sorry if i am asking a stupid question but help will be much appreciated

Music Man

Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are factors:

Combat - Missed Attacks Damage Factor (.50),

but anyway, it is a very simple change to make bash make people miss. You don't need any triggers.
The only problem is if you change the bash ability and add a different one (there are two neutral variations)

Try this:

-Make a custom ability with bash (hero version I would assume) and call it something distinguishable.
-Set the chance to something bound to show results (like .95) under
(level 1 - Data - Chance to miss) (assuming you start with level 1)
-add the ability to the unit as "abilities normal"
-during the game make sure you train the ability
-attack a typical ground unit like a wolf and see what happens

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Despite what the data field is named, Bash's Miss field works like Evasion - it will cause attackers to miss the unit with the Bash ability. :thdown:

Perhaps you could have a dummy unit cast Curse on the unit that is supposed to miss?

Xbing

Reaction score
so it's like a "combat mastery" skill in Enfo, where you can bash and yet evade attacks? that kinda sucks lol. so i have to manually trigger curse, or are there any other methods? thanks

edit-: i have used the dummy casting curse method, but there is a new problem. warcraft keeps detecting that the units are under attack, and they keep blinking in the minimap. can this be solved??

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well you could use a damage detection system and "block" the damage to stimulate an evasion.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.