Model conversion tutorial

G

guitarplay

ok, so i have been using some different types of 3d modeling and animation tools lately mainly blender, gmax, 3dmax, and milkshape.

I have come up with some ways to convert to a mdx. using milkshape.

Using blender.

For the blender users out there, what you will want to do is use blender to create your model, and when done, export it as a wavefront .obj. Now using milkshape, which you can get for a free trial, you can easily import the wavefront and re export it as a .mdl. Easy enough. Now all you have to do is use a mdl mdx converter like the one found here

now your done

you can also export a gmax and 3dmax type file from blender (3d studio file) and use the gmax to .mdl converter once milkshape expires.

Using 3d max or gmax

make your model and save it normaly. Now, you can actualy import that studio file into milkshape and again export as a .mdl Now use the same converter and your done.

Using milkshape

this is easy to figure out now. Make your model, and export it as a .mdl, and then convert it with the provided converter.

Now, with gmax you can always just use the gmax to .mdl converter, but this is an alternitive way that also works for 3d max, blender, and milkshape.

Hope this helps anything.

P.S. Yes, i know milkshape and 3dmax cost money, but you can download the free trial version if you need to convert something.

G

guitarplay

ty ban, and i know its not much of a tut, but its not realy directed at anoyone so its more of on than anything. I guess its just asvice.

I still use blender, and now that i understand more about exporting/ importing, it is realy helpfull.

I have warblender, but it never exported. I got it to import but not export. Thought i should say that.

Also, i am working at ripping all the halo models, and am gonna convert them to .mdx if i can. I just have to find where they are actualy saved. I have the map models, but not the objects and vehicals and people.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.