Mommy! Help me! D:

Turnip

Reaction score
My computer, which I got two years ago, just went screwy on me yesterday. It froze, so I turned it off wrong. I turned it back on a few hours later and it come up with the screen to choose how you want to start the computer. These were the options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode Networking
Safe Mode Command Prompt

Run computer with last saved options that worked

Run Normaly

I tried each and every one of them a bunch of times, and it goes to the loading screen for about 50 seconds, and then restarts. It goes through this cycle over and over again. o_O

Here's the bad thing. I hope it's not the BSOD, but when it switches to restart, sometimes a flash of different screens come up, and one of them is blue. o_O

Please help, before I kill you.
Just kidding.
No, I'm not.

Yes I am.
No, I'm not. : D

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
I had something like this happen to me once (installed game that once it installed it put my computer in a restarting loop)

The solution: (and its not fun)
Call tech support and be ready for a long talk with some guy in India

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
There isn't too many solutions to this problem that are easy. The way i usually take out of this problem is by doing a reinstall of windows ontop of itself. This should keep your files intact that are on your computer, it just replaces all windows files with ones from a CD. This option is under the windows CD, so you want to boot up from the CD (do this via bios). *repair is what it's called.

Turnip

Reaction score
There isn't too many solutions to this problem that are easy. The way i usually take out of this problem is by doing a reinstall of windows ontop of itself. This should keep your files intact that are on your computer, it just replaces all windows files with ones from a CD. This option is under the windows CD, so you want to boot up from the CD (do this via bios). *repair is what it's called.

Thanks, but that's the problem. I can not find that *bleepin* cd! -_- When I looked up my problem on microsoft with the computer "Windows XP logon screen does not appear and the computer continuously restarts" it says I may be missing my Kernel32.dll file. Which I suspected something was wrong with my System32 file for a long time.

Reaction score
Ha ha this happened to me with a very old computer. Im not sure what happened but when ever i got to the login screen on windows it would say shutting down or restarting.

The Tech support solution, dump the computer and save some things on the hard drive. ANd yeah, had to get a new computer that im currently using.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i'd be suspecting a hardware problem if this just happened on it's own for no reason

Memory tester: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Hard drive tester: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/ - click on SeaTools ... it can test Seagate, Maxtor and Quantum hard drives and can generate a failure code if problems are detected (useful if your drive is still under warranty) usually works on other companies too but you'd have to find that company's tools for warranty purposes.) You probably want the SeaTools for DOS that runs off a boot diskette since Windows is already not working :)

Turnip

Reaction score
I got a new hard drive today, but first I will describe this.

I have the BSoD. Yep. When I used the Windows CD I got from a friend I got the STOP: 0x0000008e message, which microsoft's websites says to remove memory modules one at a time to see which is the wrong one. Well, when I remove either of the two memory modules I have, I get the 0x00000050 BSoD. So, anyone know what I should do?

Rad

Reaction score
Might be a problem with the motherboard, it would be pretty rare to have both chips of memory stop working at the same time after being fully functional before. Not really sure... Would go along with MercChris's description, though

When does it give you the error though? Might be a problem the disc but I really doubt that...

Unless its reinstalling windows and gets to a certain file then gives you the error message. But if you dont even get that far, its probably your motherboard

PS[OT]: is it probrably or probably? firefox says its probably but that sounds so wrong, lol

Turnip

Reaction score
Well Rap, I'm not sure how I could, because I couldn't get onto the computer.

And Rad, yes, you are right. It was a problem with the motherboard. Although we've figured that out a while ago. ;)

We figure that the computer was struck by lightning, because I accidently left in on during a huge storm. (I live in New Jersey, so huge storms are pretty common.) I hope that even though the motherboard is fried it will be able to be fixed. o_O

M

MLuiry

Hi I don't know which compur you have but when ever I have problems with my computer I always go to a tech support site that help you deal with any problems you might have.
They have a free live chat support and you can ask an expert to help you.

Here is the link for the Computer chat support

Good luck

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You'd have to use a different computer to download the tools and create a diskette to boot the system and run the tests. I guess you have access to a 2nd PC because you are posting here :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.