Money Equals to happiness?

I like vegetables ? :P you know what question it is

• Total voters

Demi666

Reaction score
ok so me and my friends had a debu.. im not even gonna try spelling it. Someone will just .. Debute?

anyways

Does money bring happiness?
think LONG and please specify your answer

IMO money brings happiness, whatever anyone say.
all here can surely admit they wouldnt be as happy without a computer?
or without food?

my friend brought upp that friends and girls doesent cost anything

my answer was that:

A Girl costs;
Christmas present?
A.. Anne.. when you been together 1 year it costs:p
Taking the girl out for an evening / dinner w/e

sure a girl does not necessary cost, but y'all gotta admit. In a relationship a girl would be mad if you didnt buy her anything for Birthday or Christmas or w/e

A Friend;

Okay so a friend doesent necessary cost anything. But if you had 0 money where would you meet him? okay if you go to school, but if you dont have nmoney you dont have cloth, and i think most ppl would avoid a person walking around naked dont you?

Everything costs. In one or another way, The freedom most of us have today even costed, Life and money.

w/e u say, even the answer you say here is based on money and costs money.

couse without money you wouldnt have internet, and without money internet wouldnt have existed.

Answer poll and specify answer

IMO Everything costs.

Reaction score
Nowadays money matters a lot. I am happy when I have money, but I am happy when I have no money. I don't use much money, sometimes like 0€ in a month, so I can't say if I am more happy with money than without money. Money money money money..

>if you dont have nmoney you dont have cloth
You would not be in a school if you hadn't got clothes.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I hear this question a lot, and I always give the same answer.
No, money does not equal happyness, but it does help.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
One of those things I don't like to admit, but it's hard to deny it

Money = happiness
No money = no food, no clothes, no technology, no education (unless there's free education), amongst other things
Code:
No food = Hungry = Unhappy
No clothes = Cold = Unhappy
No technology = No fun and interesting stuff to amuse yourself with (my god, it's a ball on a string!!!) = Unhappy
No education = Harder to get good employment = No/little money = Vicious circle = Unhappy

But that's just what I think (pretty much what Demi said, but I won't copy everything he said :p)

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Money makes you feel happy if you have more than the people around you. If you are unhappy, start to make money, and move to a richer area, you are as unhappy as you were again.

When you start making money, this has a huge impact, but soon you get used to it, and your happiness is over.

Thats my view.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Depends.

Enough for things like food, clothes, ect, IMO dont really count, at least to the way this question is ment most of the time I think.

However, enough for GOOD clothes? I dont mind if they look good, feel good, or have holes as long as they fit and cover most of me. I'm poor enough allready that I wear not too good clothes, but I have had good clothes at one point too, so I know. So no, cloths dont count since its a thing I require, not somthing that makes me happy.

Food. Ive never really been a picky eater, but I do prefer good food. Though I like more yummy foods, we it does really make me Joyfull and happy really, and we require food to live...

House. Personally, I think this is required to live too. You need sleep to stay alive, and heat to not freez in the winter, coolness to not have a stroke, stove to make food, ect.

So they dont count unless you want REALLY GOOD stuff of everything, that depends how picky you are. I can be happy without them..

A Girl costs;
Christmas present?
A.. Anne.. when you been together 1 year it costs
Taking the girl out for an evening / dinner w/e

sure a girl does not necessary cost, but y'all gotta admit. In a relationship a girl would be mad if you didnt buy her anything for Birthday or Christmas or w/e

A Friend;

Okay so a friend doesent necessary cost anything. But if you had 0 money where would you meet him? okay if you go to school, but if you dont have nmoney you dont have cloth, and i think most ppl would avoid a person walking around naked dont you?
Sounds like cruddy freinds. I wouldnt really like to have a freind that you need to please with gifts to stay freinds. I wouldnt want them to think I want anything from them either, people should be freinds because they like eachother, not to leach preasants from them.

Everything costs. In one or another way, The freedom most of us have today even costed, Life and money.
Yea, life costs. You can live and be unhappy though, so that isnt a good point..

couse without money you wouldnt have internet, and without money internet wouldnt have existed.
People would still be happy doing other things.

IMO Everything costs.
Yes. But the more and more money you get the more happy you get, or just be happy with a few bucks, say 150 at the most. (Besides things you require to live, like food.)

Duh it costs, but like I said, the more you get doesnt mean the more happy you are, really. It could cost, like I said, only 150 dollars or so, maybe more depending on how happy you want to be. 50 at the least, and 200 maybe 300 at the MOST.

Education? Pihf. Like the lions and bears wouldnt have killed us off after awhile if we didnt learn.

@flare: More like it:
Code:
No food = Hungry = DEATH! So who knows if your happy!
No clothes = Cold = FEEZING TO DEATH.
No technology = Doh. No oven = Raw meat = Dead.. AND No sink or bath or anything = dirty = infected\diseases = DEATH. 
No education = No stove,bath, heating, ect, because everyones to dumb to know how. You might reply, that we could too survive, since we did before. But then we could again, without costing.. O_o

I was just randomly pointing things out. Clearly to a certaint degree, yes money helps, and is kind of needed for it.

My biggest point is: You can be happy without it, but once you have it you cant be happy without it.

Reaction score
Money equals temporary happiness. If you find a $20 note on the road, it brightens your day up. If you win the lottery, you'll be happy about it for a month or so. If you buy a better computer, you appreciate its advantages over the old one for the first few weeks of use.

The same thing works in reverse. If you lose money, you eventually get over it. If you lose your eyesight, you slowly adapt to living as a blind man.

It sounds like an awful cliche, but once you satisfy your needs for clothing, food and shelter, material goods will never bring you a stable, meaningful happiness.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I guess it certainly helps be happy. Right now I'm going to school that charges around two hundred dollars a credit, and I have to take at least sixteen credits per semester. I got a lot of money in inheritances, and the Army paid for a lot of the classes before I got discharged, but if I didn't have a relatively firm financial base then I would probably hate my life even more. Which means no happiness for me.

Happiness=not sad. Money=help get out of sad. As a result, money=aid for happiness.

If you lose your eyesight, you slowly adapt to living as a blind man.

I would kill myself I think, but that's just my thoughts as a sightful person.

A

aznsteph

Money can sometimes get you happiness but not everytime. Sometimes i go to the gym, hang out and everything with my friends and that costs money.
But IMO, money will never buy people's affection :), except maybe for *sorry for the word ><* hoes...

Sure money makes you happier but id rather have no money and have a sense of brotherhood then having alot of money with no sense of brotherhood.

For a satisfied life, lol i only need a girlfriend and thats it, who needs the rest when u got someone you love? Like my friends say : ASIAN LUV <3 XDD

Yet, it is kinda nice to spend a few dollars for a new pair of Air Jordans or something like that, but you easily get over that joy and nothing really lasts well except in my opinion love.

So to me : Money isn't necessary most of the time, only basic human needs are truly important

Reaction score
That being said, money (as a form of power) is very attractive. You will notice richer people find it easier to make friends, lovers or enemies than poor people of equivalent social disposition.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Okey, sure you need the most basic to be happy, food, cloth, family and so on. But to be happy, you don't need more. Imagine all the people living rather poor like this during the medieval ages, did they ever feel happiness? Of course they did, there are people now living like this, and they can be happy.

Tell me, why do you need a computer to be happy? There is people who never seen a computer, and they are happy.

I'm reading a book "The Art Of Happiness" that Dalai Lama wrote about happiness, and it is great, you people should read it.
Dalai lama at Wikipedia

Demi666

Reaction score
Nowadays money matters a lot. I am happy when I have money, but I am happy when I have no money. I don't use much money, sometimes like 0€ in a month, so I can't say if I am more happy with money than without money. Money money money money..

how you know that? if noone had money all would be naked>.<

and school wouldnt exist without money

>sometimes like 0€ in a month, so I can't say if I am more happy with money than without money.

ye YOU spend that, but your parents then? those who pay everything for you? if they had no money and YOU had no money

you would be unhappy, means money equals to happiness

Reaction score
How come you quoted me.

I actually would have money, if my parents didn't have. Why? That's none of your concern.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
IMO money brings happiness, whatever anyone say.

Hmm... I think you need to go back and find out what IMO actually means. :rolleyes:

I'd say no, without even thinking.

It was recently proven that people with jobs such as accounting and banking (obviously jobs which get you alot of money) are more depressed than people with less expensive jobs.

I'd also have to say no, because, if I had enough money to buy everything I ever wanted, it'd all grow old and mean nothing to me :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.