Move Buildongs VIA an Ability

ZachHandley

Reaction score
Haven't made maps for a long while, and just getting back into it. I don't recall a way to move a building with a spell. But furthermore if I could Id like to make it so when you use the spell, you get the initial placement picture and can move it with your mouse, you know like when you build something. But I'm clueless. Any ideas?
Thanks!
- Zach

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
There is the ability "tiny tower" which will let you build a building of your choice just the way you want it to be.
But using this to "move" an already existing building will be quite complicated.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt say that. Just very complicated.

This is what is possible if you do A LOT of work:
1) Make an ability based off of channel and make it target only buildings. This ability will be used to select the building you want to move. This is our Dummy ability.
2) Copy the "Tiny Tower" ability once for every building in your game.
3) Have a trigger detect the use of our Dummy ability. Remove the target building and the Dummy ability from the casting unit. Then, add the apropriate version of the Tiny Tower ability to the casting unit.
4) When the casting unit has used the Tiny Tower ability to "re-create" the building that was previously removed, remove the Tiny Tower ability from your hero and add the Dummy ability back.

Problems with this:
1) You need a LOT of Tiny Tower clones.
2) All variables set to a building will be reset to "No Unit" after moving the building.
3) Damage / Mana / ability cooldowns will obviously be reset after the "Moving" of the building. There is of course a way to keep hitpoints and mana, but cooldowns are impossible.
4) Waypoints of the building will be lost as well as control groups, etc.
5) The user might cancel the construction of the Tiny Tower building.

ZachHandley

Reaction score
Does it need to be a channel ability? What about uproot? Could that work? But only for night elves huh?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The channel ability can be set to only target ancients.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
My idea was about having another external unit, like a builder or a hero or anything that is able of moving the buildings.

If you just want the buildings to be able to move themselfs then, of course, you can simply use the uproot ability of the nightelven buildings.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.