Moving a unit to a certain point

Mapster

Reaction score
I am trying to make an ability where a hero is transported past an enemy unit and deals damage as well as a stun by chance.

I have everything working except for the transporting. I don't know how to make it so when the hero turns it on. The Hero is transported past an enemy unit via trigger. I don't know anything about using the X and Y co-ordinates or anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Mapster

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You need a unit to be moved instantly like blink or more like a pushback thingy?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
i would suggest making a dummy and asking it to run target point and move triggering unit thr. hide when dummy is created, unhide when it reaches there.

Edit:http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112457

Why? It can be done in one trigger with JASS.

All he needs is a simple pushback trigger if he wants it to slide.
All he needs actually is this:
one more function/formula to calculate the time based on the distance.
one function/formula to calculate how many pushs that should be made during that time.

and a loop to execute them.

and reloop it untill he gets there, none will notice that it calculates it over and over again untill he gets there, and this last one is just if the target unit will be able to move. And it will be fully possible to unpause the unit and pause it again to make it look like it is running. Very easy done:D

And this is only "do-able" in jass beacuse of the fact that it would be a pain in the ass to make it mui with gui. Locals will make that possible:p

Venv

Reaction score
lol i got this in my map and its also on u tube :Dkk so this is what i did
Code:
Event 
     Unit Cast ability
Condtion
      Abilitity being cast = to ur ability
Action 
Set Target Ability=(target unit of ability being cast)
if(all condtions are true)then do (The Actions) Else do (else action)
          If-Condtion
              (Level of Ability for (casting unit )) equal to 1
      Then-Actions
       SE-Creaate spefical Effect attached to the overhead of target_ability using units blah blah blah.. (this is if u want spefical effects sorry for bad english)[SPOLIER]
       Unit Create One dummy unit for (casting unit)
       Unit add experation timer 3secs generic
       Unit add {Your ability} to last created unit
       Unit order (picked unit) to human mountin king- Thunder Clap[/SPOLIER]
       Unit Move (casting unit) instantly to (position of target_ability)
       Unit Cause (casting unit) to damge target_ability,dealing 200.00dmg of attackt ype spells and damge type normal.

Note this might not be what u wanted but this is what i have so i hope i helped i will try to get u the vid on this for youtube i jsut 2 lazy right now to find the video cus iam sleepy x( but i hope i helped +rep if i helped

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.