Moving Trees?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
It's probably a custom model; there are animated, breezy destructable tree models available for download from WC3 resource sites like The Hive Workshop.

I can't confirm, though, because your video is still processing at the time of this post.

needhelp2008

Reaction score
Video link fixed. I dont think its a custom model because there arent any imported models.
any ideas? a system maybe?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
got to be a custom model. at least a dummy model would be needed to effectively sway the trees, and even with the most complicated scripts you couldnt make it look good cause the log would be moving as well, it would be as if you swing the whole tree like a giant club.

Edit: okay looked at the video, its swinging the trees as a whole. looks kinda retarded but whatever. you have 2 possibilities to do this:
either create many copies of your trees each with a different pitch and roll angle set and replace your trees periodically (alot of performance lost for this useless eye-candy)
or get a dummy model with various roll and pitch angles, and get a tree model with added texture and attach it to a unit with the dummy model. play the dummies animations by index to switch from one angle to the other to make the whole tree move. needs less performance but might lag because of exensive use of units instead of trees.
both ways it isnt worth the outcome, just get a tree model with animations, isnt that much of work and it would be alot better performance wise and i guess looking better as well.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how about posting a request at TheHiveWorkshop? these guys are actually pretty awesome, when i posted a request some time ago i got help in less then one weak and a whole pack of high quality models. just be kind and friendly and explain them what you need, a model like a moving tree is nothing hard to make i think, by far easier then a custom hero model made entirely by scratch. and it definitely IS useful. i believe you will get help there for sure.

Medeam

Reaction score
Actually it is niether custom model or pitch but it is animation being changed perodically extremely fast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.