MPQ Files

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
So I did some research. As far as I understand, MPQ files are files used especially (or exclusively?) in Bizz's games. They are used to compress, encrypt, organize and store data. Cool. Very cool. On the verge of Coolish.

Alrighty, so reading J4L's post basically to test Galaxy script in WE you need to import some super-awesome MPQ files containing Galaxy data to your map. After that's done the language is implemented to your map and you'r are free to use it. Assuming I got all of this right, the obvious question is, where can I get those super-awesome MPQ files? Seems like people started doing some serious progress with Galaxy, and I have no intention to stay behind!

Thanks for any answers! :cool:

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
The maps themselves are MPQ files, just with a different extension. In order to test your galaxy script, you just need to import the galaxy script into the map file using an MPQ editor. MapScript.galaxy is the one ran by the game, so make sure that one runs your own galaxy file (unless you override the MapScript.galaxy one, of course). You don't need to import some super-MPQs to your map in order to be able to use Galaxy in that map. :p

In my opinion, though, it's a lot easier to use this than to manually import the galaxy file each time before you wanna test the map. With this you can just edit the galaxy script, save it, and run the .bat file, which automatically imports the edited MapScript.galaxy file into the map and starts the map in SC2 with Trigger Debugger enabled (be sure to run in windowed mode to see the debugger). And if you want to divide your script to several files, you can either import those files by hand or edit the add.mpq2k file.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.