Multiple attacking unit

K

Kane2911

well i cant get a shade to attack more than 1 unit. I got him to attack and all, and set the maximum number of targets to 2, but it didnt do anything. He attacks 1 just fine, and its not just a shade, i cant get any other unit to attack more than 1 unit at a time. please help. I was thinking it might have something in the gameplay contents about it but...

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Do you want it to attack 2 different units at a time, or do you want it to have a bouncing attack?

K

Kane2911

there is a thing in the qbject editor that says maximun number of targets, but it doesnt do anything

Darox

Reaction score
Actually It does. However, it only affects the attack if the attack type is set to Missile - Bouncing.

To get a unit to attack multiple units at the same time instead of bouncing, make a custom ability based off barrage, and set the targets, damage, missile art and speed to that of the unit that used the skill.

K

Kane2911

i heard the abillity can only do a minimum of 3 units, I want to make it 2

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
omg 5 posts after each other!
use edit!
anyway u should use the aoe damage stuff

K

Kane2911

YA i know, i have that ability for one of my heros, but it say straight off the page, "So the minimum number of targets you can have is 3, and the maximum is somewhere around 9." I want him to only hit 2. I know theres got to be so extreamly easy solution to it but i cant find it. An d i dont really want to use AOE, i just want it to hit 2 units.

Darius34

Reaction score
No one suggested Cleaving Attack?! :eek: If your hero is ranged, refer to the Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis state for an example on how to do ranged splash.

It must be 2 units right? Then the above wouldn't work. If so, refer to the huntress for her bouncing attack, and copy-paste that. Done. The normal huntress bounce is even originally set to 2. :D

K

Kane2911

ok thanks, but isnt there a was so that 2 bullets will come out of him and hit 2 units? Multi Shot ability does that, but it has to be 3, and i want 2.

Pahl

Reaction score
You could always trigger so that when a unit of a certain kind, or with a certain ability, attacks you damage a enemy unit (other than the original, duh) within X range at the same time.

If its a ranged unit, also make a missle go from your unit to second attacked enemy.

K

Kane2911

ok... since nobody knows why it wont work the way i want it to, im just guna
the Area Of Effect. Thanks

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You could duplicate the unit and give it the ability to be built on top of another unit and give it no model file and then just have it when you build one, put one of them there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.