Multiple Question

Bankde

Reaction score
First : About Hashtable:

Trigger:
  • Hashtable - Save 5.00 as 0 of 0 in (Last created hashtable)

What is "as "0" of "0""?? I understand that "save 5.00" mean the real you have saved, but I don't understand "as 0 of 0". Can anyone please explain me more clearly. I have heard from someone that "only 1 Hastable is enough for every map". Is that true ?

Second : About Custom Value of Unit

Trigger:
  • Unit - Set the custom value of unit to 0

What is custom value of unit ?? How can I know such custom value of footman ? What kind of information is this action store ? Is it store as real, integer, or unit ? What do I get from this function ?

Third : Trigger event

Trigger:
  • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time

This is a very simple event I have found in most custom map. This trigger run every 1 second to check if the condition are true then run the action. My question is "Will this trigger cause lag in game if I have the trigger which have this event for about 50 or 100 trigger ?"

Guest3z

Reaction score
1. Storing 5.00 as 0 of 0 stores the real in that location in your hashtable. It is like a two demensional array one of the cordinates is the row# and the other is the column#
2. Custom value of a unit is essentially an initially blank integer value you can use for various purposes. For instance you could count how many times that specific unit has attacked by adding one to its custom value each attack then access that information at anytime by its custom value. This may be easier than trying to create an alternate way of recording integers for many units on your map.
3. I should think you would want to use as few as possible but I don't think that many would lag if you clean up any leaks. If you have that many and they do lag you could consider changing some of them to a longer time period.
Hope this helped:)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
1) This works in a similar way to the game cache. The first term is the label you want the value stored as and the second term is the folder it is stored in.

2) The custom value of a unit is an integer variable. It is there to allow you to store information to unit. The meaning of each number is whatever you want it to mean.

3) I would say that it would lag, but it really depends on a few other things such like the PC it is running on and whether it is a battle.net game. You should always try to avoid periodic triggers where possible (unfortunately it is not always possible) by using other events.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
its not true, you have to make more than 1 hashtables because you will get confuzed with parent/child hash tab;e removal, and you might remove valus that are refered to other triggers

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I don't tend to use hash tables a lot, but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to just use one for the whole map, as long as all the names are unique. But I guess it would really depend on what your trying to do with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.