Multiple questions, need some help please

hopy

Reaction score
Well as alway's I will ask multiple questions in one post to prevent spam and about 3 extra thread pages. :p

6 of em ... Way to manyyy ... but atleast I will be able to continue for a while if these are awnsered xD D:
I will add the awnsers I got in green at the bottom of the question in case other people could use the information.

Question: 1: - Solved?, Thank you?

Pillage, the Orc unit ability: Each attack that does damage to an enemy building also gains resources.
I tried changing this ability to a hero ability with 5 levels.
Data - Accumulation step: 1 for all 5 levels - 1/1/1/1/1
Data - Salvage Cost Ration: 2 at level 1 and 2 and 4 on higher - 2/2/4/4/4

And now were I think the problem lies: Targets Allowed.
Level1: Item, Structure
Level2 and Level 3: Dead, Item, Mechanical, Non-Hero, Structure
Level4: Air, Ground, Item, Non-Hero, Structure
Level5: Air, Ground, Item, Hero, Structure (I know this one should just be something like "air, enemie, ground" or something.)

Well the problem is ... it doesn't work ... not on anything on any level. D:

Does anyone know whats wrong, or if there's some weird thing with this ability used as a hero ability?

It seems this ability is hardcoded and therefor only works for the normal targets (buildings)?

Question: 2: - Solved, Thank you.
I got a triggered ability that basicly just creates a bunch of units (see below), adds a bunch of ability's to it and than kills it with:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Add a (20.00 + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Mirror Image [Arcane Mage] for (Triggering unit)))))) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Art - Model File: Kael
Combat - Death Type: Can Raise, Does Decay
Combat - Targeted as: Ground
Art - Death Time (Seconds): 3.00
(Thats about all the information to it that could (as far as I know) be the cause of the problem here)

Alright, now the problem is: Whenever this unit dies the corpse just wont disapear ... it stay's there forever ...
I kinda thought the "can raise, does decay" would mean that it can be raised with ability's and will disapear afther X seconds ...

Is it some problem with the unit having a hero model or is it something else?

It seems I have to remove these units from the game when they die, else they will work the same way as a leak.

Question: 3: - Solved, Thank you.
An item problem (one of many ... hate items ...).
My origonal idea for this item was it to be a 1 charge wand that:
Gives transforms the hero into a flying wisp, a fast wolf or a uncontrolable sheep for 20 seconds.
(the sheep would most likely be less seconds.)

Well I have no idea how to do this ... I tried it with both Metamorphosis and the Bird thing from Druids of Talon. It failed with both. xD
Does anyone know how to do this.
The problem is: it should be a hero transformed into a different unit, that cant attack, (fly), without causing any weird bugs and such.
(Methamorp and bird needs a "Data - Normal Form: -" so basicly I would need an item for every different unit or something.

it is a little messy, but you could have the item ability be a dummy spell, then a trigger that hides the casting unit, creates a morph unit, and selects that morph unit for the player. Then when it wears off, remove the morph unit, move the original hero to the location of the morph unit and unhide it.

Question: 4: - Still need some help please.
Is it posible for all players to lose connection to the server when loading an ability?
I preload all the dummy ability's for the hero when its selected.
I use the same trigger with a few small changes for each hero but 1 hero gives a disconnect while the rest doesn't. So my suspect are the ability's ... Is this posible?

Trigger:
  • Plague Bringer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero Death Knight <gen>
    • Conditions
      • Hero[17] Equal to 0
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp [Hero pick]
    • Actions
      • Set Hero[17] = 1
      • Set Player[17] = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Hide Death Knight 0588 <gen>
      • Set Point = (Center of Start Lokation <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Death Knight for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Hero_type[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Unit-type of (Last created unit))
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Start Lokation <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Sound - Play Death KnightReady1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Last created unit)
      • Item - Create Potion of Healing start at Center_Map
      • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Last created unit)
      • Game - Display to (All players matching (((Matching player) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) the text: Death Knight: Ab...
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Death Decay (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

It seems I destroyed the point too soon ... <,<.
To be continued ... ...

Question: 5: - Solved, Thank you.
ITEMS! D: omg! flee.
Yes, another item problem.
I got a bunch of "uber epic items" in my map ... all copies of one another usualy but some work and others don't.
I will take for example:
Cloak of Typhoons: Causes nearby enemie units to be hit by winds and causes to be slowed by 20% and allowes the hero cast cyclone.
Ability's: Wind (item), cyclone (Item)
Well Cyclone is a standart item ability and Wind is a custom negative endurance aura...
Stats - Cooldown Group: Cyclone [Night elfs]
Stats - Classification: Permanent

The problem is: The passive part works fine, but the active abiltiy is not usable.
I thought the problem could be the "Stats - Classification: Permanent" but I have other items with passive AND active ability's that do work with that.
So, does anyone know why items are such annoying things that wont ever work until you think it wont ever work but test it for one last time befor throwing your PC out of the window? (guessing its just me <,<)

Seems there is a "Stats - Actively used: True/false option on items wich caused the active abilitys to ... not work.

Question: 6: - Solved, Thank you.
Finaly, the last one ... and a short one I wouldn't mind if not awnsered.
Anyone have an ability idea for a Caster, Melee, Int, Sheep hero?
He has: A Blizzard kinda thing, a Hex, a speed increase and that Stampade thing from the beast Master ... all Sheepy.

For question 6-how about an active that adds spell damage to his attack for an amount of time? Perhaps it could just supplement the speed increase buff.

People should get +rep just for reading this whole story. :O

Anyway's Thanks in advance for helping, hope I gave enough info (to much more likely).
And +rep for anyone that can help me with something.

hopy

Reaction score
lol, a good idea also xD
But I forgot to mention I asked for a active ability idea. Sorry

Tylarion

Reaction score
Answer to question 5.
Make sure "Stats - Actively used" is set to true and that the ability you want it to cast is the first ability listed in "Abilities - Abilities".

hopy

Reaction score
Hex could be called, Baaaaad Luck.

lol, like I said I was asking for an active ability idea not a name for one ...
I will use it though since its more origonal than just hex ... so thank you.

Answer to question 5.
Make sure "Stats - Actively used" is set to true and that the ability you want it to cast is the first ability listed in "Abilities - Abilities".

Wow, I never noticed that option ... that would fix about all the item problems ... omg <,< If only I knew that about 4 months ago :D +rep Thank you.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Plague Bringer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero Death Knight &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • Hero[17] Equal to 0
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp [Hero pick]
    • Actions
      • Set Hero[17] = 1
      • Set Player[17] = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Hide Death Knight 0588 &lt;gen&gt;
      • Set Point = (Center of Start Lokation &lt;gen&gt;)
      • Unit - Create 1 Death Knight for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Hero_type[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Unit-type of (Last created unit))
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Start Lokation &lt;gen&gt;) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Sound - Play Death KnightReady1 &lt;gen&gt; at 100.00% volume, attached to (Last created unit)
      • Game - Display to (All players matching (((Matching player) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) the text: Death Knight: Ab...
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Death Decay (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

I assume you are using a non assigned point to get the Center of the Map. Try actually assigining it first.

You remove "point" before creating a unit there.

hopy

Reaction score
I assume you are using a non assigned point to get the Center of the Map. Try actually assigining it first.

You remove "point" before creating a unit there.

Wow, I didn't even notice that <,< thank you.
But would that realy cause everyone to disconnect? o,0 I would think it would just cause the dummy unit to not be summoned

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even notice that <,< thank you.
But would that realy cause everyone to disconnect? o,0 I would think it would just cause the dummy unit to not be summoned

I didnt think so either! >.< I was just pointing out things that you should fix.[del], but I was lucky! :D[/del]

hopy

Reaction score
Well it is a problem only there in that hero trigger ...
But I can't test it right now so I don't know if thats the main problem :p

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Ah right thats what you ment, well recovering a non-existent point hasn't got a very high chance of creating an error, but still, are you sure its that trigger affecting it? Are there are other triggers that run at the same time as that one?

hopy

Reaction score
Nope, as soon as you entered the region it crashed, shouldn't be anything else be running other than the stuff that runs all the time.

I just checked the preveous version of the map and it seems my point removal was placed correct there ... I think I changed the position in the trigger of the point trying to figure out what the problem was in the trigger.
Without paying atention to it ofc.

(this older version was the one I tested)

So I'm pretty sure now that the Point wasnt the problem ... it was just a mestake I made after it xD

lol ... <,<

hopy

Reaction score
Well, its only a problem in multiplayer and I don't have a second PC here at the moment, will have to do that later D:

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Hmm, just a lil' heads up for you, try it on both LAN and Battle.Net if possible, see if theres a difference.

hopy

Reaction score
Only happened on LAN since I havn't tested it on Battle.net
Want everything working befor I test it there :p thx though

Nexor

Reaction score
1. problem:

Why are you setting different targets on each level?
Just use the default targets.

hopy

Reaction score
Well with Pillage as a hero ability it means that for every level it has to be upgraded in some way.
If I would upgrade the gold gained each level the money gained would end up to be quite alot and you would in the end either have an OP spell that would give way to much money, or get a spell that is not that usefull in my map cause it can only target buildings.

So my idea to upgrade this spell so that it will be usefull but not OP was to change the targets allowed each level so that you get a normal amount of money on each hit and can target more than just buildings.

Nexor

Reaction score
I don't know it for sure, but I think it's hardcoded to only gain money from buildings.

Scale the money gained I think

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.