Multiple questions

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I have a coupla questions for a map I'm making, and my being a level 2 World Editor editor :)P) isn't helping me much. +Rep to anyone who can find a good answer to question 1! :)

Question 1:
For a save/load RPG I'm trying to make (it's probably not gonna be finished or all that great, but I at least want to make the beginnings of one :eek:), the skills of the Heroes are going to be custom. As in, when a Hero reaches a certain level they get to go and choose the skills they want for their Hero. The trouble I'm having is with the leveling part though: I have to make triggers to see if the Hero has a certain skill, and then raise it by 1. So my question is: Is it possible to add abilities to a Hero so that they can raise them like a Hero that has those skills by default? i.e. not having 'Raise Offensive Skill' and instead having the real skill show up there?

Question 2:
Say I have a skill (Channel) that is triggered to create a dummy unit at the target location and give that dummy an aura. This will give units in the area an aura, but you won't know that you'll get the aura if you aren't there. So this question is: Is there a way to make a giant aura appear out of nowhere? i.e. having a giant Vampiric Aura effect show up on the ground and then disappear after a while?

Dest

Reaction score
For question 2, make the dummy unit to be visible and have him to be an aura model. Make sure your aura doesn't have a model. And it has to be a ground unit, not air. :p

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For a save/load RPG I'm trying to make (it's probably not gonna be finished or all that great, but I at least want to make the beginnings of one :eek:), the skills of the Heroes are going to be custom. As in, when a Hero reaches a certain level they get to go and choose the skills they want for their Hero. The trouble I'm having is with the leveling part though: I have to make triggers to see if the Hero has a certain skill, and then raise it by 1. So my question is: Is it possible to add abilities to a Hero so that they can raise them like a Hero that has those skills by default? i.e. not having 'Raise Offensive Skill' and instead having the real skill show up there?

I think if you add a hero ability to them they can level it as they please.

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Reply to Tru_Power22

Sadly, adding a Hero ability with the Unit - Add Ability function does not work. Still up for ideas to answer Q1.

EDIT: I think the newer versions of Custom Hero Arena did this, so if someone has a way to look at those it might help.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
<<make custom hero arena.

I am actually trying to figure out the same thing. currently in CHA the skills are "dummy skills" I have found no possible way to teach a hero a hero skill, and have searched quite a few forums looking for what we are after. To use the "learn hero skill" trigger, is to actually give the hero a point of that skill. With this, you would still have to use variables and dummy skills.

Personally, I am thinking of changing to baka-rangers system, with the spellbooks and such, transforming all hero skills into unit skills. If you want, I will send you the system slayerdragon created, but it is pretty bad... It has undergone a deprotecting process, and was never leakless; so I wouldn't suggest using it -but you can if you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.