Multiple unit spawn

S

stielydan

ok what i am trying to do is make it possible to train an entire attack force at once. i have the shops set up that sell a specific unit. What i want to happen is when they hire that unit i want to trigger it so that they get like 10 other units too, as a mercenary attack force.
-so far i have come up with only Event-a (specific unit) finished training Action-Create 10 (whatever) at region.

ummm im not sure if this is even they way to do it but thats all i could think of. I think it would be the same way the wintermauls sell a building but i cant quite get it right.
-so should i have the building train the unit or hire it?
-what is the exact trigger i should use to make it spawn the units?
-i would like it to have some training delay for build time because i dont want anyone to be able to just click it 4 times and have a huge army immediately.

by the way this is a melee type map with 2 vs 2 and i would also like for each side to only be able to hire thier specific mercenaries and not be able to get units from the other teams shop.

thank you much
Stielydan:cool:

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
well its not possible to hire units using triggers so you can't do that.

its not too hard to detect when a unit STARTS training, and then start training in the other 9 or 10 buildings at the same time.

event: [player owned unit event]
a unit owned by player x starts training a unit

condition: [unit-type comparison]
trained unit-type equal to bleh

action: [issue train/upgrade order]
order building x to train/upgrade to a bleh

does that help? the trained unit-type thing might be a little tricky to find, but its there somewhere.

this way is best, because u can set a training time for the units. also, the player can set rally points for all the buildings, which makes this nice. if u created the units, rally's wouldn't happen.

edit: quit making me have to think so much! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.