Music that goes OFF!

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding songs that "Go Off" as I would put it.

Some examples are:
- Warp 1.9 (Bloody Beetroots)
- Sex 101 (Paul Anthony, XXZ feat. Laya Bella)
- Bonkers (Dizzee Rascal & Armand van Helden)

Ideally I want lots of bass.

If you don't get what I'm trying to say then listen to all these songs on Youtube and you'll find that what's common between them is that they all start off slowish/calmish.... then just hit you with the bass.

So yeah, if you have any suggestions/recommendations for me then it will be well appreciated and you will get +rep.

EDIT: Bonkers would probably be the best example above.

KillerChi

Reaction score
Try AC/DC "Hells Bells" the intensity is low at first then crazy. Back In Black(The Album), the album seems to have what you're looking for.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Thanks but I was looking at more of an electronic genre. Techno/House/Electro etc. Thanks for that though.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
- Warp 1.9 (Bloody Beetroots)

The bass in this song is a hoover - Just a pitch dropping synth, their super simple in creation and good for bass because of the simplicity (translates well).

- Sex 101 (Paul Anthony, XXZ feat. Laya Bella)

Bass line here is pretty much the same as described below. They've both been sustained and set to a slide/glide setting where instead of playing each note individually, the notes slide from one to another, it makes the sound more uninterrupted so when it does stop it builds a rhythm in the absence of noise.

- Bonkers (Dizzee Rascal & Armand van Helden)

Bassline here is made from a square wave with slow moving low freq filter cut, and a loudness distortion effect.

In English; the sound wave is literally square which gives it a harsh sound, the frequency cut is dropping off higher pitch frequncies and it moves up and down a bit making the sound gradually smoother and harsher, and the loudness distortion is just maxing the sounds playback without causing clipping, making the gritty nature of the square wave far more noticeable.

Ideally I want lots of bass.

The three songs you've linked all have an absence of musical layering complexity - the bass instruments have been allowed to take up a very large range of the sound frequency spectrum. This means that in place of say having a lead, accompaniment and bass, there is no accompaniment, and the bass is filling that area of frequency ranges as well. This makes the bass more full sounding, and much more noticeably loud WITHOUT distorting the rest of the song.

If you want to find more songs like this, you'll need to find music that has been synthetically produced. Note that due to quality loss of files on youtube, audio will be of lower quality making it hard to find things of this nature. Low enough quality and a booming enveloping nature of bass will lose its oomph.

Kind of hard to recommend artists to look for, genres would be easier.

Basically EDM / Dance music, or Electro is what your looking for given the nature of the above 3 songs.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Lol that made no sense whatsoever haha. But yeah, artists/songs is what I'm looking for, not so much the sub genres of electronic music (There are too many...) but if anyone's heard of a good song similar to the above with "square waves" (Uhh... right ?) lol.

I've listened to a few on youtube but I can't come across anything similar. Basically, noting Armand van Helden, he does music in a completely different style but Bonkers was like different to what he usually does, so therefore all his other music was obsolete to me.

Now I'm not sure if I'm making any sense but you do get where I'm going with this. Thanks!

EDIT: I realise Youtube suffers quality loss, I only put the links there for reference :)

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Lol that made no sense whatsoever haha.

Made 100% sense.

plugin_gen_3osc.gif

From left to right.
1. Sine
2. Triangle
3. Square
4. Saw
5. Square-Sine
6. White (Random)

The ones with rougher shapes have more of a 'dirty' 'grit' sound, that makes the bass more defined when its played very low.

Here is what they sound like.
Played in same order of the above listing.
Then Square wav riff non-mixed followed by a mixed version with slight filter cut automation. Then drums just cause.

--------------------------------------

Education over, here:

Benny Benassi Playlist

MSTRKRFT Playlist

Photek (DNB) Single His stuffs fast paced, some of its more tickety (Less woofing bass), some of it is just bass woofs the entire time, do some searching on him.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Benny Benassi was probably more of what I was looking for, thanks. I didn't find the other artists appealing... But that's just me lol.

If anyone can suggest more, then please do so.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
I've got that song lol. Except my version is called "Hardstyle my Style" by I am X-Ray, so I dunno.

Umm... Yes, I'd like more of that - I have plenty of Hardstyle songs but not all of them I like... Mainly because most of them don't start off as I said 'calm'. So yeah...

I've got pretty much all of Technoboy's songs, but out of all of them there is only like 3 that are worth listening to. So I guess I'm a bit picky lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.