My PC keeps crashing

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Its not the first time this has happened..

Its like, halfway using the pc, it just crashes/switches off.
I've no idea whats causing this, at first I thought the power supply is not enough because after it crashed, the pc could no longer start(you would here the fan sound then it would off after a second or two) so I changed sockets, but there isnt much use..

Anybody faced this problem before and knows how to fix this?
:( Its driving me nuts..

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Hmm..never thought of that..but it never happened last time eventhough i used the computer alot..

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Its not the first time this has happened..

Its like, halfway using the pc, it just crashes/switches off.
I've no idea whats causing this, at first I thought the power supply is not enough because after it crashed, the pc could no longer start(you would here the fan sound then it would off after a second or two) so I changed sockets, but there isnt much use..

Anybody faced this problem before and knows how to fix this?
:( Its driving me nuts..

If you tweaked your hardware recently, make sure, you aren't shorting the mainboard due to vibrations, or have a loose cable somewhere.

Assuming temperature is not a problem (leave the case open, if you're air cooling), here are other possibilities:

Another cause could be a soon-to-die capacitor on the mainboard, as you seem to have ruled out the power supply.

To do a thorough diagnosis, try unplugging everything but one RAM module and the keyboard (no disk, CD/DVD, extension cards, ...). As long as the system is stable, be it in BIOS or load-test tools (once you put the HDD back), continue to add things. Always listen to beep-codes on POST: one short is fine, anything else either indicates a missing component or some broken.

If the system merely reboots randomly, check the memory, a module could go bad. MemTest86 ( http://www.memtest86.com/ ) is your friend.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i encountered a power supply problem, but my computer wont crash, it only cant be turned on again when it is turned off, thats why i buyed a new power supply

after i bought one, the computer works fine but after a day it wont turn on again when after using it, it seems that the power supply cant carry some electricity....i havent used my CD rom for a year, because it is broken, thats why i removed the socket from the CD rom connected to the power supply, i tried to turned it on and it works fine already...

i think the crashing is caused by a virus, if ur anti virus cant scan the virus, then try another anti virus program, because last time i keep on scanning my computer with my anti virus but it shows no virus, then i replaced my old anti virus into a new one and scanned it again, then it scanned 128 viruses oh my god!!!

here are some list of applications including Anti virus for FREE check it now
Free Applications

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.